What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I have several thousand rounds of .45acp loaded and that may seem like a lot but it's not. I carry a .45 and practice with it at least twice a week. I have 2 revolvers, 6 pistols and 2 submachineguns in that caliber. I probably shoot more .45acp than the other 2 dozen calibers I load, combined.

I have several thousand rounds of .45acp loaded and that may seem like a lot but it's not. I carry a .45 and practice with it at least twice a week. I have 2 revolvers, 6 pistols and 2 submachineguns in that caliber. I probably shoot more .45acp than the other 2 dozen calibers I load, combined.

Nice! I used to shoot all 45. Then the 38/357 guns came along.

I need to get my 625 out. I love that gun.

This 629 seems to like 11 grains unique and thr 240 cast swc. This is 50 feet off hand slow fire. I tried it rapid fire stage for nra bullseye and I can't get the shots off fast enough because of the recoil.

I'll test some 44 special in this thing for bullseye next year.

there is alot of satisfaction in making your own loads and getting these results.

20220410_163713.jpg

Cranking out 9mm again.

Took son to Steel Challenge down in Brunswick yesterday. Took 600 rounds with us, (3 entries), and came home with 130. Need to replenish the box I keep on the shelf for the next local match.

After that, it's time to load some "match ammo". I've got de-capped, pressure-tested, rollsized, cleaned brass from GABRASS, (Georgia Brass). Gonna load a couple thousand of them with CCI primers and use them for other than tier-one matches.

Cranking out 9mm again.

Took son to Steel Challenge down in Brunswick yesterday. Took 600 rounds with us, (3 entries), and came home with 130. Need to replenish the box I keep on the shelf for the next local match.

After that, it's time to load some "match ammo". I've got de-capped, pressure-tested, rollsized, cleaned brass from GABRASS, (Georgia Brass). Gonna load a couple thousand of them with CCI primers and use them for other than tier-one matches.
do you actually buy 9mm brass for reloads? is it economically reasonable compared to buying, say, just a steel tula?
or does that competition explicitly prohibit using steel ammo?

do you actually buy 9mm brass for reloads? is it economically reasonable compared to buying, say, just a steel tula?

I generally pick up brass from the range, tumble it and reload it.

I won a gift certificate from GA Brass last year. 100$ worth of brass each month for 12 months. After 9 months or so, I had plenty of .45, .357Mag, .38SPCL & .357Sig - so I got some of their processed 9mm.

Since it didn't cost me anything, I can't really speak to the economy of it .vs. factory.

I can say this - since I got semi-serious about loading my own ammo - I haven't shot any factory pistol ammo except .22. I'd rather run my own. I can consistently load 9mm, I know it makes power factor, I know it cycles all my 9mm firearms, it knocks down steel and the recoil is both minimal and consistent. I tried out 115 and 147 before settling on 124.

So, I've got two kitty litter boxes full of the range brass I processed, and another half full that GA Brass processed. Since it's been roll-sized, pressure tested, etc - I'm going to put it good use.

I can’t speak for Allen but I’m lazy and tired after a match so I don’t bother picking up brass 😂
Not to mention there’s guys shooting 9mm major so I’d rather not pickup their brass lol.

So I just buy the once fired brass. I think I paid 4 cents per case shipped late last year?
I don’t mind the added cost.

I've researched this on many sights and here yes and no

Can 44 special be loaded in r4 mag cases? I want to work up some light loads for 44 mag to test accuracy for potential bullseye leage......yes or no to loading 44 special (240 grain cast swc) in 44 mag cases?

I've researched this on many sights and here yes and no

Can 44 special be loaded in r4 mag cases? I want to work up some light loads for 44 mag to test accuracy for potential bullseye leage......yes or no to loading 44 special (240 grain cast swc) in 44 mag cases?
Sure can. It’s what I do so no messing with the dies, no carbon rings in the cylinder to worry about and not needing 2 types of brass.

What he said. The longer case will give you a lower pressure with common fast burning powders used for 44 special.
You can bump the load a few tenths till the velocity matches the book
Ok.

Not interested in velocity as much as accuracy and lower recoil so I can test it on nra rapid fire stage bullseye.

Me last night finding 4k small pistol primers I didn't know I had
Van-Damme-spandex-dancing.gif

View attachment 602931got a handy new tool for the reloading bench Teslong NTG100H for monitoring results with coated cast and general barrel conditions. Worth the money i suppose to take care of rifles with the prices out there
Does come in handy but also can put some doubt in your rifles
I tell people all the time IF your rifle is shooting well and your happy do not bore scope it. It can be disturbing

View attachment 602931got a handy new tool for the reloading bench Teslong NTG100H for monitoring results with coated cast and general barrel conditions. Worth the money i suppose to take care of rifles with the prices out there
it is an interesting topic - there are a lot of them now at amazon and aliexpress - but reviews are extremely contradictive.
do you have this one you posted about? how it is?

Does come in handy but also can put some doubt in your rifles
I tell people all the time IF your rifle is shooting well and your happy do not bore scope it. It can be disturbing
yeah, as visual review is not really going to tell you exactly for how much lands have deteriorated to affect your grouping.
plus, knowing my own obsession, the future of spending evenings staring at those barrel marks... grrr...

it is an interesting topic - there are a lot of them now at amazon and aliexpress - but reviews are extremely contradictive.
do you have this one you posted about? how it is?
Yes, I have the teslong ntg100h 26" rigid and bought the different size mirrors. it was one of those analysis paralysis situations of choosing the right one. I was trying to get one to look into small engines if i wanted to. but in the end the best route was just getting the simple one thats plug and play with a windows unit. if it last it will be great, as of now it seems like a simple tool with camera and led lights. of course they offer a nice bluetooth unit thats unavailable at this time which would have worked great with the ipad and anywhere i went. but you know haw that goes
thanks alot OBIDEN.....

Last edited:
yeah, as visual review is not really going to tell you exactly for how much lands have deteriorated to affect your grouping.
plus, knowing my own obsession, the future of spending evenings staring at those barrel marks... grrr...
i agree. knowing boolit speed is the next mission with going into cast boolits with limited data to really dial in whats going on.
when i inspect a barrel for leading i dont feel confident in what im looking at for leading. so this is what i get for having no chill. i guess im looking to not have big problems down the road because "thing long, me no read" and im looking at finding things i cant get anymore.

Back
Top Bottom