What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I found a old crushed bar of ivory soap wife was going to toss it in the trash….
The frugal/cheap sob in me said “nope , I got a use for that” i now have a small tub of case lube ready to go.
Jesus Christ Mac...you might be the cheapest mf’r I know, lol. How the eff do you use ivory soap as case lube?

When a $6 tube of lanolin and a $3 bottle of ‘heet’ isopropyl alcohol is more than you want to spend on a lifetime supply of case lube, you might be @mac1911 [wave]

I will be the first to complain about titegroup being dirty. But, under 147gr, not too bad.
It's true, but I always found that, while Titegroup was sooty, it just wiped off and left me nothing to really complain about on that score. What I hated about it was how "sticky" it was in the powder drop. PITA.

It's true, but I always found that, while Titegroup was sooty, it just wiped off and left me nothing to really complain about on that score. What I hated about it was how "sticky" it was in the powder drop. PITA.
It seems to bake right on my light lens, requires some elbow grease to get clean.

I try to remember to put some chapstick or something on my light before I shoot to prevent this.

Jesus Christ Mac...you might be the cheapest mf’r I know, lol. How the eff do you use ivory soap as case lube?

When a $6 tube of lanolin and a $3 bottle of ‘heet’ isopropyl alcohol is more than you want to spend on a lifetime supply of case lube, you might be @mac1911 [wave]
Jesus christ have you not been paying attention.
I dont buy “heet” full retail , you can find that shit at yard sales for .25 cents still.
$6 for lanolin !

$6 for lanolin !
That’s actually a ‘double batch’ bottle with a little left over for my nipples when they get tender.

So, (1) 4fl oz bottle of lanolin and 2 bottles of heet (the red kind)...all in for $12 including tax and if I’m not dead before it’s used up, I’ll eat a shoe.

I mixed this bottle when I lived in Worcester and was careful not to spill any when I move out here to Indiana. You can see by the level of fluid that a little really does go a LONG way!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 15
That’s actually a ‘double batch’ bottle with a little left over for my nipples when they get tender.

So, (1) 4fl oz bottle of lanolin and 2 bottles of heet (the red kind)...all in for $12 including tax and if I’m not dead before it’s used up, I’ll eat a shoe.

I mixed this bottle when I lived in Worcester and was careful not to spill any when I move out here to Indiana. You can see by the level of fluid that a little really does go a LONG way!
That spray bottle looks brand new!
I cant even tell you how much case lube I have used. The spray lube gets used on large batches. I have 3 bottles of rcbs lube I got for free that I just dabble on my fingers for small batches. Also on the shelf Mr Zogs Sex Wax and the home brew ivory now sits with it.

That spray bottle looks brand new!
I cant even tell you how much case lube I have used. The spray lube gets used on large batches. I have 3 bottles of rcbs lube I got for free that I just dabble on my fingers for small batches. Also on the shelf Mr Zogs Sex Wax and the home brew ivory now sits with it.
I keep the bottle hung up near the ceiling so it’s not kicking around on the bench. I too used ‘wax’ for years and just discovered that it’s basically 20x faster to use lanolin. If I’m only doing a couple of cases or if I’m necking down (30-06 to make 7.7), I use the wax.

I only use the wax when I have to though, because I left it open once and the mice at my last house had a party in the wax tub and there’s not a ton left and I always forget to buy more.

I think I might have some Mr Zoggs stashed somewhere though! Good idea!

I keep the bottle hung up near the ceiling so it’s not kicking around on the bench. I too used ‘wax’ for years and just discovered that it’s basically 20x faster to use lanolin. If I’m only doing a couple of cases or if I’m necking down (30-06 to make 7.7), I use the wax.

I only use the wax when I have to though, because I left it open once and the mice at my last house had a party in the wax tub and there’s not a ton left and I always forget to buy more.

I think I might have some Mr Zoggs stashed somewhere though! Good idea!
I have to be frugal:cheap every $ saved is more ammo , reloading supplies
Im not half rich like youz….

I have to be frugal:cheap every $ saved is more ammo , reloading supplies
Im not half rich like youz….
I chose to not reproduce for many reasons...one of which was my inability to land a job that paid more than $35,000/yr in the auto salvage industry.

If I had 12 kids like you do, I’d be putting them to work building pools (since they already had the practice) and raking the neighbors yards so I could still afford to reload/shoot. Someone would call DSS and I’d be in jail for forced labor of minors.

I know you realize that I’m only picking on you and I genuinely admire your frugality. I started reloading because you gave me the push to buy my RCBS Rock Chucker when I first got my K31 in 2014 and start researching how to keep all my fingers in the process.

I’ve never got bad advice from you, but I think I’ll keep the ivory soap in the shower :D

I chose to not reproduce for many reasons...one of which was my inability to land a job that paid more than $35,000/yr in the auto salvage industry.

If I had 12 kids like you do, I’d be putting them to work building pools (since they already had the practice) and raking the neighbors yards so I could still afford to reload/shoot. Someone would call DSS and I’d be in jail for forced labor of minors.

I know you realize that I’m only picking on you and I genuinely admire your frugality. I started reloading because you gave me the push to buy my RCBS Rock Chucker when I first got my K31 in 2014 and start researching how to keep all my fingers in the process.

I’ve never got bad advice from you, but I think I’ll keep the ivory soap in the shower :D
All is good , shit talk keeps your blood pumping!

Shit at 35k a year a few kids you probably would make money or should I say keep more of what you earn and heck feds probably kick you back some income credits!

Productive day today:

Reloaded:
500 - 9mm
150 - 45/70
35 - .460

Fixed:
Glock connector problem.

Went to the range.

Found another problem with the Glock that should be an easy fix.

Tested some old as f*ck primers (probably older than One-Eyed-Jack). They work fine.

Went to the gym.

Sh*t posted on NES.

_________

Tomorrow...

Have to reload 150 .460 (I will probably stop at 50), will reload an additional 500 9mm.

Have to visit the gun store to buy a P365.

More sh*t posting and Pro tips for noobs.

Loaded some 45-70 hollow points for some gel testing.
Loaded some 38+P for testing also. Going a tiny bit faster than the last load most likely so hopefully a little better expansion from the snub nose this time.

View attachment 557538
Are you going to invite me?

I loaded some 535g bullets and ordered some SOCOM bullets in .459 to test.

Here are 49 I loaded with the SOCOM bullets.

20211229_151727.jpg

Back
Top Bottom