What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Had a friend give me 297 9mm cases (who gives someone with OCD 297 cases, unless they're purposely screwing with them!). Anyway, I washed them in soap and water just to get some of the crap off them as I'll eventually be handling them in the house, and dried them out.

I plan on building a reloading stand this week, so I'm hoping to be depriming and sizing them soon.

PS. I thought of tossing two cases so I'd have 295, but I'm trying to get better. Baby steps 🤣!

Had a friend give me 297 9mm cases (who gives someone with OCD 297 cases, unless they're purposely screwing with them!). Anyway, I washed them in soap and water just to get some of the crap off them as I'll eventually be handling them in the house, and dried them out.

I plan on building a reloading stand this week, so I'm hoping to be depriming and sizing them soon.

PS. I thought of tossing two cases so I'd have 295, but I'm trying to get better. Baby steps 🤣!
I pray for you OCD types. I would have not even counted it. Unless it was really muddy or dirt packed I would have not washed it either, straight to the tumbler.

I pray for you OCD types. I would have not even counted it. Unless it was really muddy or dirt packed I would have not washed it either, straight to the tumbler.

Wet tumbler is coming tomorrow. My plans are to deprime then toss them on the tumbler so that the pockets get cleaned too.

just by letting us know you counted I knew u had ocd 😉

A side note this Winchester once fired brass is a little ugly. I think I’m going to run them all through the trimmer. The mouths are not straight and some seem a little jagged. I know Winchester had serious issues with ammo on their first run of this cartridge so it makes sense.

Can those be gas checked? I know lee makes at least one .358" gas checked bullet? Thats the 35 Rem bullet mold?
Yes they can. This is basically a rip off of the RCBS 35 Remington mould. This was a 6 cavity for a lot less money so I figured I would give it a try.
If it works well then I’ll probably just order the RCBS. 2 cavities is much slower but no doubt it will drop a much more consistent bullet. Some of these were pretty out of round. Could have been me. Could have been the mould. We will see once I actually coat the batch and start sizing them.

Yes they can. This is basically a rip off of the RCBS 35 Remington mould. This was a 6 cavity for a lot less money so I figured I would give it a try.
If it works well then I’ll probably just order the RCBS. 2 cavities is much slower but no doubt it will drop a much more consistent bullet. Some of these were pretty out of round. Could have been me. Could have been the mould. We will see once I actually coat the batch and start sizing them.
Have you slugged your bore? Im just wondering if they run small or big ? .355 to .357 ?

Have you slugged your bore? Im just wondering if they run small or big ? .355 to .357 ?
The barrel hasn’t arrived yet but that will be my first task when it does. The website says .355” bore but I think k that’s nominal diameter. @1919FAN slugged one that was .3565”
I size my 9mm to .357” and have had great luck with them. Hopefully this is the same. It’s actually a lower pressure cartridge depending on the powder used. CFE BLK is running about 30k PSI with the 170/180 grain bullets. About half what the other popular powders are running.

Got my happy box surround finished. It's amazing what you can do with some plywood, left over 1x stock, a few surplus upper cabinets and some stain. Beyond the safe is my new work at home space. Thankfully my office is busy and are totally fine with working from home. Not a day goes by where I'm very greatful to be happily employed given the times we are living in.

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_192129.jpg
    IMG_20200518_192129.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 6
Trying to decide on some powders for 308 and 300wsm gonna start with some 165grain Barnes tsx and some nosler accubond or partitions. I’ve looking at h4895,h4350, Varget and maybe imr 4320 and imr 4350. Any suggestions? These will be hunting rounds for moose.

i had finished reloaded everything i had in december so i cleaned out the safe and took an inventory. i made a list and checked it twice. there'll be no more surprises in the future. it was fun to find the odd stray on occasion.

View attachment 358838

Built this. It ain't pretty, but serves its purpose. Condo living sucks! Sized and decapped my 9mm cases, got my wet tumbler today so will get going on cleaning them soon. Timing works out as my 124 grain FMJ bullets that I ordered from RMR in April are showing as scheduled delivery tomorrow.

Is that the new Dillon "Strong Mount" in natural wood finish ;-)

Got the N110 and more N320 today. I can’t understand why the N110 comes in a smaller container when it’s slightly coarser than N320?...weird
E4841C66-19F6-4741-A971-45F6F21148E9.jpeg
And damn even the starting charge of N110 with a 240 gr 44 cal JHP seems to be slightly compressed. But we shall see how they shoot. Made up 12 rounds to test out.

Just got back from the range a little while ago.
Damn the N110 loads were pretty stout. Might dial them back a tad. Starting charge is 20.4 and max is 22.1 with a 240 SJHP but I think I had to seat the Speer bullets deeper based on where the cannelure was. This definitely increased the pressures. I figured 21 grains would be okay but now I might split the difference. I’m ~1 grain below max. No desire to go higher.

I will say they burned cleaner than the H110/W296 loads.
80534CA7-DDD9-46B9-B34B-2CBA74BDECF9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom