What club has the longest range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbocharged

NES Member
The longest range I know of is the 300 yard at HSC. 300 yards is great, but I and am wondering if there are any clubs with ranges longer than HSC.
If you know of some place that has a longer range than 300 yards, post it. [grin]

The longest range I know of is the 300 yard at HSC. 300 yards is great, but I and am wondering if there are any clubs with ranges longer than HSC.
If you know of some place that has a longer range than 300 yards, post it. [grin]

Reading, which is 600m i think.

Reading, which is 600m i think.

That's Reading Rifle and Revolver, correct?
Their website needs some work... I can't fine any info on the membership dues, membership requirements, or a copy of the handbook.

Nashua F&G has a 600 yard range. You buy a mortar or something?

Hahaha, no, no mortar yet. Waiting for the paperwork to come back. [wink][laugh]
I might be acquiring a couple rifles in 30-06, so I'm looking at my options.

Nashua is closer to me, so I'll be checking that place out.
Thanks!

Last edited:
That's Reading Rifle and Revolver, correct?
Their website needs some work... I can't fine any info on the membership dues, membership requirments, or a copy of the handbook.

Its a very diffuclt club to join from what i understand, and its also clicky.

Have you qualed on the harvard 200-300 yet?

Last edited:
It might be kinda far to travel but in Holderness, NH I think they have a 1,000 yard range.

It was under construction. I heard they are finished(?). I haven't been there lately.

Pemigewasset Valley Fish and Game Club
Holderness, NH
http://pemi.org/

Its a very diffuclt club to join from what i understand, and its also clicky.

Have you qualed on the harvard 200-300 yet?

Not yet, I have to find the time and find out who I have to talk to.

you'll need a sponsor, or an interview with a trustee. it's around $300 to join with the interview fee, yearly dues, etc. you can find all the info on their site. you'll also need to qualify to shoot the 600 yard range.

Do they have a student membership?

Last edited:

What'd I do now?

this

what is the farthest distance you've shot??? it would seem dumb to join another club when you haven't even qualified and practiced at HSC 200/300...

I'm just looking at this point. As I said, it's not even 100% guarantied that I'm getting these rifles. If I don't get them, then the whole discussion becomes irrelevant.
It's all talk at this point...

Last edited:
student membership? not that i'm aware of.

keeping rounds on paper at 100, and qualifying at 300, 600 are two different animals entirely. if you're already a member of harvard, i'd look into qualifying on the 300 yard range there before going to NFG and trying the 600.

I don't even own anything that can be used on the 300 yard range. The most powerful rifle I have is a Mosin M44, and it's not accurate enough for safe use at 300 yards (the sights aren't great either).

600 is easy

Yeah, maybe for the guy with the "Distinguished Marksman" badge. [laugh]

600 is easy
A number of years back, the Mrs. and I attended a service rifle clinic at Reading. I doubt she'd put more than a couple hundred rounds through any rifle at that point.

The end of the clinic was a full across-the-course match. She had a couple X's at the 600 yard line, using a Colt AR15, with a standard upper, Armalite match trigger, and match front sight post. No free-float handguards or match-grade barrel required.

No, she wasn't a threat to Master level service rifle shooters. But she hit the target and had a lot of fun.

Last edited:
you should have no problem with a mosin at 300 with irons. probably just need more trigger time and some coaching.
Having never tried it at 300 yards, I'll take your word for it.

I'm still garbage at 100. [laugh] [sad2]
Wait, do you even own a rifle?
If you're trying to shoot at 100 yards with your USP I'm not surprised. [laugh]

i've seen Gonzo hit an 8" target with an MP 9 at 100 yards. granted he was supported, and it took a couple of shots. i've seen Supermoto hit the same at 100 free standing with a revolver.

I was hitting a 12" (maybe 14") plate with a 1911 commander last week. With some minimal practice I may have gotten good at it. It can be done. But why are we talking about this again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom