What can you tell me about this mosin nagant?

So I've been able to figure out thats its a 1927 Tula Nagant with dragoon markings but besides that I'm stumped. The stock is sanded, the sling holes look crudely done and the bores pretty dark. The nose cap, cleaning rod and buttplate are chromed (by bubba I presume). The rifle lacks import marks and is rust blued. All matching though and a pretty good pickup at $40 OTD. What would the correct upper handguard be?
Thanks
DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0728.jpg

What you need are two M91 barrel bands with retaining springs and an upper handguard. Gunbroker or even E bay may be your best bet if you can't find them on a site like Numrich.

If that is stamped matching, you have an extremely rare item, that bubba sapped 1/2 the value away with his chrome job. Almost none of these late production Dragoons ever survived intact in their original configuration. Most were updated to 91/30 configuration, captured by the Finns, or sent to the Spanish Civil War - thus losing their original matching parts.

This would originally have been equipped with solid barrel bands, and a brass or copper end handguard. Get some quality macro pics of the serial numbers and barrel shank!

Nice find for $40. Real nice.

Back
Top Bottom