What are some AR MA Legal accessories?

I have a MA Legal Colt MT6400C AR15, nothing fancy, fixed stock, pinned comp, standard forearm, troy rear BUIS. With the MA AWB verbage, trying to figure out allowed combinations of accessories can be confusing, especially since I'm somewhat new to ARs.
My basic questions are: Can I legally put a vertical grip on my forearm in MA?
Can I have a bipod?
Can I combine the two and have a grip-pod?

Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks.

I thought foregrips were an "evil feature." I've been pondering an AR build, that'll be handy if this is true

Nope. An semiautomatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine is an "assault weapon" if it has two or more of:

-Folding or Telescoping Stock
-Pistol Grip
-Bayonet Mount
-Flash Hider, or barrel threaded to accept same
-Grenade launching attachment

Last edited:
Nope. An semiautomatic rifle is an "assault weapon" if it has two or more of:

-Pistol Grip
-Bayonet Mount

No grenade launcher? Never mind. Not worth even trying to build it, then [smile]

Thanks for the clarification, I need to do some more reading...

No grenade launcher? Never mind. Not worth even trying to build it, then [smile]

While I'm not sure of the legality of something like an underbarrel M203, to the best of my knowledge the "Grenade launcher attachment" was more directed towards rifle-grenade launchers, like on a Yugo SKS.

While I'm not sure of the legality of something like an underbarrel M203, to the best of my knowledge the "Grenade launcher attachment" was more directed towards rifle-grenade launchers, like on a Yugo SKS.

My understanding was that it means both types. However, I would argue the 37mm flare/smoke launcher doesn't count as an evil feature due to the fact that can't launch a grenade.

Removable magazine should be on that list also

WRONG. If it is SEMI-AUTO and has a REMOVABLE MAGAZINE then you can start counting features. In other words if it doesn't have a detachable mag then it can have all that crap and not be an AW.

Nope. An semiautomatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine is an "assault weapon" if it has two or more of:

-Pistol Grip
-Bayonet Mount

I assume the standard A2 birdcage is considered an illegal flash hider?
Dave

damn! i am waiting for my spikes mid-length ar to come in and have been eying this! its for flares!lol!
2010%20Havoc%20Open_MED.jpg

I assume the standard A2 birdcage is considered an illegal flash hider?
Dave

Careful with how you phrase things...

Yes, an A2 is a flash hider, and therefore is not allowed on a post-ban AR.

No, Flash hiders themselves aren't illegal. But putting a flash hider on a post-ban AR is.

Back
Top Bottom