Weymouth Sportsmen's Club

Just got my LTC A (no retrictuons) a few months ago and am looking at joining a range. Anyone here belong to the Weymouth Sportsmen's club? Any input would be appreciated....looking for a place to get more training and shooting in.

I've been inside and have shot indoors there, but that's about all I know. I had looked into it a few years back as an option but don't recall what the issue was. Do they have an outdoor rifle range?

Other folks on here are members - I'm sure someone will chime in shortly.

The Weymouth Sportsmen's Club, established in 1929, is a non-profit organization promoting legitimate sport with handguns, 22 rifles, bows, and other field sports, and supports propagation and conservation of fish and wildlife.

Are you into "legitimate sport" only?

Sadly I searched this forum for titles and found only a similar post to yours from a year ago, with no responses.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/gun-ranges-clubs/174855-weymouth-sportsmens-club.html

I'm a member at Braintree R&P, www.brp.org. I've heard that the Weymouth club exists but never heard anything more about it.
The Braintree club looks good....I live in Kingston but work is only about 15-20 minutes away from the Braintree club. To go from Kingston is only about 30-35 minutes also....not bad.

I'm in Pembroke and recently became a member at Braintree, definitely worth the drive. I have very small windows of free time during the week and at other clubs I looked into there were meeting requirements/parties that as a member you had to work. I wouldn't have an issue with doing either if my time wasn't being taken up with other things, but at Braintree there are no extra obligations to be met. Hopefully that'll change within the next year or so and I'll be able to contribute back to the club, but until then it's only going to be visits for an hour or so maybe twice a week(unless I'm on vacation, come on July 17th).

I'm a member. It's pretty low key. I've only shot there once when There were other shooting. I like it because it's close. And a nice club. I will have to join BRP too so I can exercise my rifles. For a nominal fee you can opt out of the work parties if you desire.

Just cuious....I'm hearing that Braintree is very crowded and it is hard to get range time. Also....does there always have to be a range officer on duty or you can't shoot ? I am thinking of going after work during the week around 5:30 p.m. ....is it so busy at that time that you might have a problem ? Thanks

I'm in Pembroke and recently became a member at Braintree, definitely worth the drive. I have very small windows of free time during the week and at other clubs I looked into there were meeting requirements/parties that as a member you had to work. I wouldn't have an issue with doing either if my time wasn't being taken up with other things, but at Braintree there are no extra obligations to be met. Hopefully that'll change within the next year or so and I'll be able to contribute back to the club, but until then it's only going to be visits for an hour or so maybe twice a week(unless I'm on vacation, come on July 17th).
Have you ever gone on a weekday say between 5-7 pm.....just wondering if it is crowded around that time ?

Just cuious....I'm hearing that Braintree is very crowded and it is hard to get range time. Also....does there always have to be a range officer on duty or you can't shoot ? I am thinking of going after work during the week around 5:30 p.m. ....is it so busy at that time that you might have a problem ? Thanks

I've been a member at BR&P for 14 years and almost never encountered a full-house on any range and the one or two times (mid-day weekend) I just opted for indoors. I doubt you'd find it crowded at any club at 5:30PM (supper time). Outdoors at BR&P you do have to have a RO present to shoot, but not indoors.

sept. 22 is the next orientation meeting that is open...next per the braintree web site.. Prospective members MUST register electronically in order to join the club.YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE ATTENDING A NEW MEMBER’S SEMINAR. PERSONS WHO DO NOT REGISTER ELECTRONICALLY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE ORIENTATION.

sept. 22 is the next orientation meeting that is open...next per the braintree web site.. Prospective members MUST register electronically in order to join the club.YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE ATTENDING A NEW MEMBER’S SEMINAR. PERSONS WHO DO NOT REGISTER ELECTRONICALLY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE ORIENTATION.

I am registered for the Sept. 8 orientation.....looking forward to it !

Back
Top Bottom