Westminster Pins

SA John

Banned
Anybody going out to Westminster for their pin shoot tomorrow? I understand from previous posts they hold shoots only if the weather is decent. Sprinkles -yes, showers - no. I have not been out to the Westminster club since the early 90s when I shot a lot of traditional archery. Hope I can still find the club.

John

Not Me

I am saving my $$, gasoline, and cartridges for Chester next Sunday.

Westminster has tables where the pins are only two feet from the back edge, and my standard pin loads are way too powerful for a mere two feet of pin travel.

I may sound snooty (is that a word?) but I like to shoot pins as close to the Second Chance tables as possible.

BTW, I went to Riley's (very crowded) AND the Concord gun show (very crowded) today.

It was grand to be with so many gun owners. Freedom was on full display.

Anybody going out to Westminster for their pin shoot tomorrow? I understand from previous posts they hold shoots only if the weather is decent. Sprinkles -yes, showers - no. I have not been out to the Westminster club since the early 90s when I shot a lot of traditional archery. Hope I can still find the club.

John

Not sure if you came but Wesminster is doing steel plate racks this season.
There -might- be wood later in the season but I haven't heard anything. Right
now in central MA Winchendon is the only club running full blown live wood pin
shoots.

-Mike

Thanks for the heads-up, drgrant. As it turned out, I didn't go out to Westminster because the weather looked threatening. It's a 90 minute drive for me; too far to go for nothing. Glad you mentioned the plate shoot change at Westminster. I only shoot plates when there's no pins to be had and I won't drive that far for plates.

SA John

Back
Top Bottom