• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chester pins allows optics

Saturdays hand gun pin shoot will feature a new "open" class for center fire. Finally optics are allowed allowing those "old" tired eyes a break. [grin]

Bill, were you surprised that nobody showed up with optical sights for the "Open" division? I thought at least one guy I know would have bolted the Hubble Telescope on his unlimited piece. And good work shooting a perfect 30 in Open with a stock 1911. Now that you have done it, (30) it will get easier to do it again. Like the 4 minute mile.

John

Hi John, no I was not surprised because of the rule change happening so close to the date. I put a c-more on my 1911 and I can shoot a little better, ok a lot better.:) I really don't care who shoots what in any division. A little trophy is not what I am after, learning from guys like you and putting up a good score is where it is at. I just find it great to get into a shoot off now and then with guys like you. This is my 4th 30 this year. One was in the rain the day you went home and the others were at other clubs. I will admit I put WAY too much time and money into practicing. I am in the hunt for a 625-8 5" barrel.

Thanks for the kind words, Bill

I was at the Chester pin shoot Saturday when they banned the use of revolvers in the auto pistol class. I quess a few shooters did not like losing to one certain person who was beating them all with his singleaction revolvers. They banned doubleaction revolvers also because this same shooter was winning with his S&W 627 against .45 caliber 1911 guns. What a pity. Someone actually thinks a revolver has an advantage over a singleaction auto pistol in 45 caliber and with ten shots. Very poor sportsmanship displayed if you ask me.

Syd

Here we go again. Revolvers do not belong in a pistol class, especially when there are a lot of shooters in the revolver class. I can see them letting one of the other shoot when there are no others to compete with but they are not going to go to the shoot offs. John was allowed to shoot with the pistols but should have gone into the open class with it, if he wanted more shooting time and the hopes of a trophy. IMO.
Out of all the shooters that attend and have attended these shoots you are the only one I have heard complain about the shoots at Chester. When I look around at the shooters during the day they all have smiles on their faces. I only see one that has a sour look on his face and that is you. Maybe you should let Sa do his own complaining and you concentrate on your own shooting.

Back
Top Bottom