• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Boylston vs. Wayne's Weaponry

Good morning all -

Wayne is a friend and my fishing partner. To see someone being railroaded for allowing the legal use of their land is beyond frustrating.

I attended the West Boylston ZBA meeting on March 24, 2016, and listened to the “Concerned Citizens of west Boylston (CCWB) vs. Wayne’s Weaponry.People in favor of Wayne were outnumbered in the meeting hall.
Questions were asked of both sides, and at one point, it appeared that one of the board members was going to clearly side with Wayne, when he asked CCWB’s lawyer why it would be fair to punish Wayne, and not anyone else in town with similar property that might be using their property for the same activity.
CCWB’s side stated that shooting was taking place at all hours of the day and night, on holidays (Christmas Eve was mentioned) and explosions (seriously?) were frequently heard coming from the property.
Wayne’s attorney stated that shots can be coming from any of the surrounding land. (Including the police range that abuts Wayne’s property.)
At no time did anyone question or ask how the ZBA was defining a “commercial operation” or when CCWB’s lawyer called it “excessive.” (Compared to what?)
CCWB’s true colors came out when the public was allowed to speak.
One individual stated that it “sounds like downtown Beirut.” Another young lady broke down, and bawled her eyes out, stating, that her 3 year old that runs to his room because he’s scared, and the sounds coming from Wayne’s property on Saturdays are scary.
If the aforementioned individuals have never been to Beirut and can’t educate their children, they’ve successfully received a “TV education.”
Following recess, the Chairwoman stated there will be no shooting by anyone other than family members on the property until the next ZBA meeting (April 21), and during specific hours.
Monday – Friday: 16:00 – 18:00
Saturdays: 11:00 – 15:00
The slap in the face came when the crowd cheered the decision.
A fund raiser and GoFundMe page has been set up to help Wayne with the legal fees.

http://www.gofundme.com/pj3nhgqp

The fund raiser will be held on April 10, at the Kasbar in Worcester from 16:00 - 20:00.
A $10 donation will be accepted for entry.

Another webpage has been set up to help explain Wayne's situation.

http://www.istandwithwayne.com/

The next ZBA meeting will be April 21. We need to saturate the hall with "Pro 2A" folks.

This is all the info I have as of now. I'll post more as I get it.

P

The next meeting before the Zoning Board will take place at West Boylston High School on April 21, at 7:45.
All supporters, no matter where you're from, are being asked to please attend.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Back
Top Bottom