Went to my first flea market today

I went with a couple of club members today to a swap meet about 70 miles away.

You learn a lot about guys when you take a ride with them for a couple of hours.

They crammed me into the middle of a Chevrolet Trailblazer and stopped for breakfast and asked everyone to chip in $10 each towards the gasoline for the vehicle.

No big deal, but I could have drove my own car for $20 odd dollars and rode in style.

Then paid $5.00 to get in.

There wasn't nothing but junk there.
I ended up buying some used connectors - since they were $1.50 each and I needed to justify spending all that money - just to come home empty handed.

On the way going home, there was a real nice bbq place along the road where I wanted to stop and get some lunch - and they refused to stop and eat.

It was kind of like a dictatorship.

Now my legs ache and my back is sore from sitting on the hump in the middle of the back seat for a couple of hours.

I think that the next time, unless it is a big ham fest - I am just going to stay home!

One guy had some old used BIRD meters there and he wanted $350.00 for them.

When I told him that I could buy them brand new for $350.00 he got mad and asked me where.

Anybody with a AES catalog can buy one.
http://www.nm3e.com/prod01a.htm#01a

>>There wasn't nothing but junk there<<

Which is why I stopped going years ago. Back in the day, there was actual radio gear offered for sale but now, it's mostly obsolete computer junk and other assorted "boat anchor" stuff. :-(

Back
Top Bottom