Went green today.

Hi all, signed up for the forum and paid my $21 via Paypal today.
I am currently in the LTC process. Had my safety course and waiting for the local "Pistol Officer" to call me for my appointment to submit my app.[grin]

Welcome and good luck on your interview. Carver is listed as a green town so hopefully you shouldn't have a problem getting a LTC without restrictions.

Thanks everyone,
The "pistol officer" was pretty nice and easy going. He didn't even read my letters, just put there names and addresses, etc in the computer for the state and that was it. As far as the reason, he just checked off "For all legal purposes" He didn't seem too care why I was applying. Well everyone keep you fingers crossed for me, it all up to the commonwealth now. Just like the military "hurry up and wait".
Stan

Thanks everyone,
The "pistol officer" was pretty nice and easy going. He didn't even read my letters, just put there names and addresses, etc in the computer for the state and that was it. As far as the reason, he just checked off "For all legal purposes" He didn't seem too care why I was applying. Well everyone keep you fingers crossed for me, it all up to the commonwealth now. Just like the military "hurry up and wait".
Stan

Awesome, good luck to you Stan! I'm sure you'll do fine, Carver's pretty laid back when it comes to LTCs, from what I understand.

The way it was told to me is that it was up to the state police. Maybe it is up to the Chief if any issue comes up. I don't expect any issues, so I should be good to go.

The way it was told to me is that it was up to the state police. Maybe it is up to the Chief if any issue comes up. I don't expect any issues, so I should be good to go.

The first part is actually up to the CHSB (I believe) - they will verify that you don't have any statutory disqualifiers (felony convictions, restraining orders, etc). After they give the good to go, it's up to the Chief or Licensing Officer to make the final decision. It sounds like he's pretty much saying "As long as you check out, there's no problems here". Pretty positive.

Back
Top Bottom