Well, I didn't win the auction....

tinhorn

NES Member
....but I did help some sumbich set an absurd new record.

Now if you'll pardon me, I have a spreadsheet to update.

I got 1 out of 4 at the last RIA, better than last time where I got 0 of 4, before that I got 3 of 4, so it averages out. I seem to have a habit of bidding on 4 lots when I bid.

ETA: GB, eBay, and Armslist aren't real auctions.

I got 1 out of 4 at the last RIA, better than last time where I got 0 of 4, before that I got 3 of 4, so it averages out. I seem to have a habit of bidding on 4 lots when I bid.

ETA: GB, eBay, and Armslist aren't real auctions.
On the Dec 22 I got 5 of 8.
The one the other day I got 1 of 5..
Oh well!

On the Dec 22 I got 5 of 8.
The one the other day I got 1 of 5..
Oh well!
Dec was the one I got 0 of 4, probably better off that way. They were all higher end stuff and higher than usual bids for me, I was actually concerned about the impact it would have had on my gun budget if I had gotten all 4.

Auctions is fun [smile] [mg]

I’ve definitely bid over what I had originally set my ‘max’ at though and still been ok with it after the fact.
Yup. I ask myself if I'd prefer to own the shows-up-once-a-year gun or the extra hundred-dollar bill under my mattress. No regrets yet.

Not sure the sumbich that won tonight is gonna feel the same way when he buys that money order tomorrow. Hahahahaha! We were in "stupid" territory and I blinked.

Yup. I ask myself if I'd prefer to own the shows-up-once-a-year gun or the extra hundred-dollar bill under my mattress. No regrets yet.

Not sure the sumbich that won tonight is gonna feel the same way when he buys that money order tomorrow. Hahahahaha! We were in "stupid" territory and I blinked.
Without knowing what the gun was, I have no idea to feel bad for you or the other guy?

Edit: Buddy of mine collects, um, 1903's? He's got like 100 of them or something ridiculous. Some people just have a itch they have to scratch.

Extra hundred dollar bill? You are bidding on 100 dollar items at rock Island?

What's a gun budget?
Well you take your income, subtract food and housing. What's let is your gun budget. Little things like clothing, car, and gas aren't important. [smile]

seriously, it's the only way to survive the auctions, you have to set limits, otherwise you end up paying too much.

Didn't win the auction, but you just wasted 1 minute of my life.
Fact check: post lacks proper contextual information rendering it absolutely useless and a waste of everyone's time. [laugh]
[laugh]

I tend to stay away from Gunbroker and other auction sites as I typically overpay as I get aggressive and basically say "That Fer isn't going to win over me" and then you're making a ridiculous bid.

I tend to stay away from Gunbroker and other auction sites as I typically overpay as I get aggressive and basically say "That Fer isn't going to win over me" and then you're making a ridiculous bid.

But, why care? So we pay a little more but get gun-satisfaction

There's very few guns that I would want enough to pay a crazy amount for. One would be the Colt Python my father sold in the 80's. Can't think of any others at this time.

I tend to play the 'long game' when it comes to some gun purchases. I tend to think about them for a decent amount of time before deciding to purchase. Then look to see what local FFL (or FFLs) has what I want, or can get it.

How to tell a real auction from a sales site.

If you decide what gun you want then go to the site to see what it will cost, each gun has it's own "end" date and/or that end date can be extended, and you deal with individual sellers, it's not a real auction.

If you go to the site, look through the catalog and say to yourself "that gun looks interesting, I'll bid on that", and all the guns in the catalog are being auctioned on the same day, there are no extensions, and you deal only with the auction house. Then it's an auction.

Well, if you didn't win the auction, then you were just too weak, I guess.

Either that, or you do not have a valid idea of the current value of whatever you were bidding on, and tried to flint out with a lowball bid. Because the price it sold for it what it's worth. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom