• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well, Here We Go. New Reloader

mac1911 said:
I dont know how you guys do it....... I would have built a bench first then put the rest of the construction off for later......

I know right.... I didn't even finish the bench.... 'soon as it was usable i started using it!

I will be joining the reloader's club soon as well. Couldn't pass up a deal on the LnL AP on Amazon (20% off Sports and Outdoors promo code) so I ordered that plus the shellplate and dies for 9mm, a tumbler and media separator, primer flip tray, scale, and bullet puller. Got a digital caliper from a Karma a while back, so I'll finally be able to put that to good use. Signed myself up for EC's class at Blue Northern later this month, and I'm looking forward to getting started.

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread and the reloading forum in general for tips as I get into it.

EDIT: One very helpful thing I found was a series of videos from Hornady on setting up the LnL AP. It covers the shipping grease issue that BigDaddyAl mentioned, going through the cleaning process in detail for the powder measure.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF03D19C53ABAEE1A&feature=plcp

Last edited:
Sweet! Good call on the "soft" lighting.

I'll be setting up task lighting for the benches. The cans are just for general lighting. You have to walk through this room to get to the laundry area (behind that door) so I needed to have some general lighting you can click on from the stairs.

Another vote for checking out the Hornady videos when setting up the press. Very helpful and walk you through the disassembly needed to thoroughly clean the grease out. Room looks good.

Well, I think I'm about done. I have few more things to do but, aside from moving the safe and setting up the LNL, its detail stuff. So, I'll post the last shots of the room here. Next shots will be in the reloading bench thread once I've got the work area organized to my liking.

photo 20.jpg
This is the reloading bench. The cabinet is locking for storing powder and other supplies.

photo 21.jpg
Opposite wall. This is my cleaning/smithing bench. Much smaller but I don't need as much space here. Still missing a cap for the low wall.

photo 22.jpg
The wall between the benchs. More opportunity for storage.

photo 23.jpg
Opposite wall directly across from the cleaning bench. This is where the safe/cabinet is going.

photo 24.jpg
Other side of the door with the supply cabinet.

Good job! I have my room all set up as well. After going back and forth numerous times, I am going to jump into reloading as well. Well done!

I only wish I got into reloading much earlier in life. I seen a lot of lead go by by in my years. I cast my own boolits and there's nothing like cranking out Nicole a piece 45s

Back
Top Bottom