Weird dream about my Mosin? No really.

I don't even know where this should get posted but since it was about my Mosin why not here? Right? Maybe some will get a chuckle out of this or maybe some will suggest help!

I had a crazy dream last night and the punchline more or less was I forgot to clean my Mosin after shooting corrosive ammo. I kid you not, in my dream I was all pissed because I somehow forgot to clean it after the range for some unknown number of days and the barrel was all rusted and the bolt was rusted up as well.

On top of this, through the entire dream I'm under pressure to clean the dam thing while someone is in my house. The dream gets fuzzy there but I remember anxiety over it.

I think I need to stop going to the bar on Tuesday nights. [cheers]

So, you haven't had the dream where you buy a brand new, latest polymer super range ready masterpiece, put it in the safe with all the C&Rs, and find it the next morning broken and bleeding in the corner where the Mosins left it?

That's why I have two safes.

[wink]

sometimes Mosin is just a Mosin

I'd hate to find out what a Mosin sounds like in a house. We shot some on the range and a mouse literally fell out of the wall, stunned by the blast.

Actually getting a bayoneted would be much worse than shot. At least the bullet would go through and cauterize the wound. A triangular bayonet wound does not close and all that 100 year old cosmoline will make it even worse.

Damn, and I thought I felt bad when I would drive home from the range worried about cleaning it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I'd hate to find out what a Mosin sounds like in a house. We shot some on the range and a mouse literally fell out of the wall, stunned by the blast.

Actually getting a bayoneted would be much worse than shot. At least the bullet would go through and cauterize the wound. A triangular bayonet wound does not close and all that 100 year old cosmoline will make it even worse.

I feel bad for that mouse. Poor choice of real-estate. I bet that cosmoline would cause quite an infection.

NickW85, don't worry it was a dream. Now go out and buy a Mosin M38 carbine, 200 grain soft point ammo and if you should have an intruder there are a couple things that could happen,

1. The intruders ears will bleed and he will be deaf, you also, from the sheer noise of a 200 grain round coming out of a short barreled Mosin

2. The intruder will be hit by the 200 grain soft point round blowing him into your neighbors yard

3. The muzzle flash will cause the intruders clothes to catch fire and even if he survived the gunshot he will burn to death.

So you see your dream was a reason to buy another Mosin, a very good thing[wink]

NickW85, don't worry it was a dream. Now go out and buy a Mosin M38 carbine, 200 grain soft point ammo and if you should have an intruder there are a couple things that could happen,

1. The intruders ears will bleed and he will be deaf, you also, from the sheer noise of a 200 grain round coming out of a short barreled Mosin

2. The intruder will be hit by the 200 grain soft point round blowing him into your neighbors yard

3. The muzzle flash will cause the intruders clothes to catch fire and even if he survived the gunshot he will burn to death.

So you see your dream was a reason to buy another Mosin, a very good thing[wink]

Can't argue with this logic.... now I need a short barrel beast..... m44 or the chinease knock off.... decision s decisions

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

[rofl] I'm imagining an intruder in my living room running around on fire now.

So, you haven't had the dream where you buy a brand new, latest polymer super range ready masterpiece, put it in the safe with all the C&Rs, and find it the next morning broken and bleeding in the corner where the Mosins left it?

That's why I have two safes.

[wink]

[rofl][laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom