Weapons Ban Tomorrow?

Isn't EVERYDAY a day with a weapons ban in Boston? At least on the common.

2nd question: how do they plan on enforcing this ban. Is Maahhhty, the ******* tyrant, going to pat a few thousand people down himself?

I will, for once, listen to what that POS says and stay wayyy the **** out of Boston tomorrow, that is for sure!

Common is a prohibited space anyway last I checked.

I'm also curious- why weren't these precautions taken with the BLM movement? Surely the shit show that was Baltimore the week prior wasn't acceptable here in boston. Is there credible information that MA is going to be rioting this time around?

Last edited:
Cite? Not saying you're wrong; I just didn't know that.

Parks rules and Regulations, Section 2 provision m:

No person shall, in any public park (including any boundary road thereof), or other public place (including any parkway) under the control of the Parks and Recreation Commission, except under the auspices of public authority:

(m) have in any such park or place, except a boundary road or parkway on which there are dwellings, any firearm or destructive weapon;

Its not a sign, so we can't just ignore it.

It's a Boston law that when crossing the common, you're required to carry a shotgun in case of bears!

"No one may cross the Boston Common without carrying a shotgun to get a case of beers."

FIFY

From the BPD:

In order to provide a safe and peaceful environment, the Boston Police Department has determined certain items be prohibited from the Boston Common. Please see the list of prohibited items below:
  • Firearms, knives, weapons, sharp objects, shields or fireworks
  • Pop up tents or canopies
  • Cans, glass containers, pre-mixed beverages or alcoholic beverages
  • Wagons or pull carts
  • Coolers
  • Drones
  • Pets (excluding certified service animals)
  • Grills, propane tanks or open flames
  • Bicycles
  • Flag poles, bats, clubs, sticks (including signs attached to sticks)
  • Any athletic equipment or other item which could be used as a weapon

http://bpdnews.com/news/2017/8/17/b...-saturday-august-19-2017-on-the-boston-common

Gotcha, thanks. I wonder what the penalty or fine is. Perhaps they would also deem you to be an unsuitable person to have an LTC... [hmmm]

Gotcha, thanks. I wonder what the penalty or fine is. Perhaps they would also deem you to be an unsuitable person to have an LTC... [hmmm]

On a normal day its 50 bucks and the loss of suitability.

I'm guessing tomorrow it'll be 50 bucks, the loss of suitability, and a small ass raping by a long line of aspiring politicians and a cell mate with a prison tat that reads "Whanda"

I wonder what the cite is for this? Doesn't there need to be a law before you can assess fines?

"As a condition of permit issuance, the Commissioner shall require in the nature of a fee the filing of a bond with a satisfactory surety payable to the Department of Parks and Recreation in an amount sufficient, as determined by the Commissioner, to cover costs of restoration, rehabilitation and cleanup of the park land which is the subject of the permit"

Well, clearly from now on every time there is a Healey speaking event or moms demand blah blah and Bloomberg event on the common we need to crash it and tear up the place.

Parks rules and Regulations, Section 2 provision m:

No person shall, in any public park (including any boundary road thereof), or other public place (including any parkway) under the control of the Parks and Recreation Commission, except under the auspices of public authority:

(m) have in any such park or place, except a boundary road or parkway on which there are dwellings, any firearm or destructive weapon;

Its not a sign, so we can't just ignore it.

And the penalty, at least when I checked it last year before our 7/20 rally, was a civil $50 fine.

"In order to provide a safe and peaceful environment, the Boston Police Department has determined certain items be prohibited from the Boston Common. Please see the list of prohibited items below:
Firearms, knives, weapons, sharp objects, shields or fireworks
Pop up tents or canopies
Cans, glass containers, pre-mixed beverages or alcoholic beverages
Wagons or pull carts
Coolers
Drones
Pets (excluding certified service animals)
Grills, propane tanks or open flames
Bicycles
Flag poles, bats, clubs, sticks (including signs attached to sticks)
Any athletic equipment or other item which could be used as a weapon"

Shit, the list what is allowed would be much shorter

So the signs "dogs must be on a leash at all times" posted all over the Common are what? A trap?

Is anyone from here actually going to it? It feels like the counter protesters might outnumber the people actually attending the event.

I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of attendees (on either side of the police line) who are actually from the boston area, and how many are traveling here for the fight.

My money is only the permitted folks will be searched.
The Anifags will be somehow overlooked.

I wouldn't count on it. The BPD is no friend of the artifa/occupied types. The Boston cops Ive spoken with a far more concerned with the counter folks than klan clowns.

Someone call Maura's office. Requiring service animals be certified is an ADA violation.

http://www.mass.gov/ago/consumer-re...rights/information-about-service-animals.html

Direct from an FAQ on the AG's website. You are not allowed to ask for documentation or certification that an animal is a service animal. Also, there is NO current universally recognized state or national certification for service animals. What BPD is saying is that, even if your animal is a service animal, you can't bring it since you can't provide certification because there is no certification. Essentially, they are violating both state and federal law on tis one

I wouldn't count on it. The BPD is no friend of the artifa/occupied types. The Boston cops Ive spoken with a far more concerned with the counter folks than klan clowns.

They should be.
We'll see what orders come down.
Since there have been reports of planned acid attacks on police as well as protesters, I imagine the boys will be a little amped up.
Anyone wearing a mask should be fair game for a little K9 action.

Back
Top Bottom