WCC Brass

So i scored a 5 gallon bucket or range brass from a police range that was cleaned up. Half was 223 and the other half was 40 S&W. I spotted checked a couple of the .223 as i was separating them and noticed they were a CH long and would need to be trimmed. Is this common for once fired WCC brass to trim it?
Thanks!
Madball

So i scored a 5 gallon bucket or range brass from a police range that was cleaned up. Half was 223 and the other half was 40 S&W. I spotted checked a couple of the .223 as i was separating them and noticed they were a CH long and would need to be trimmed. Is this common for once fired WCC brass to trim it?
Thanks!
Madball

Yes, and if it had a crimped primer it will need to have the primer pocket swaged.

Now how do i tell if it has a crimped primer and how do i swage it?
Thanks

You should see a visible crimp around the primer. You can always deprime a case or two then try to reprime them. If the primers go in easy, the pockets are not crimped.

If they are crimped, you'll need a tool like this to swage them:

Super_Swage_600_m.jpg

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25263/catid/8/Super_Swage_600

Sweet,
Thanks for the info. What do you guys think about a Die that swages like the RCBS?

I have one and I've found it to be less than satisfactory on some headstamps (I don't remember if I used it on WCC). I now use a cutter that goes in my L.E. Wilson trimmer to ream the pockets.

I have one and I've found it to be less than satisfactory on some headstamps (I don't remember if I used it on WCC). I now use a cutter that goes in my L.E. Wilson trimmer to ream the pockets.

Man, I just ordered the SS 600 from Dillon. I will have to get the reamer for my Wilson trimmer too.

Back
Top Bottom