Waterfoul hunting in MA

Hey all. My boss just asked me if I could maybe ask some of you where a spot or two would be in MA. If someone could PM me I would be very grateful. I know it isn't great etiquette but he is my boss and all. [smile] I appreciate any help

Hey all. My boss just asked me if I could maybe ask some of you where a spot or two would be in MA. If someone could PM me I would be very grateful. I know it isn't great etiquette but he is my boss and all. [smile] I appreciate any help

Tell him to pony up the 20 bucks and join himself.

+1 for the seaducks. I went a a few years back and it's very exciting. Limited out in about 40 minutes with another friend of mine. We were selective with the shots too.

They do taste horrible though.

Where does your boss live? I think I may be able to help a bit but I am not giving it all away.

Last edited:
+1 for the seaducks. I went a a few years back and it's very exciting. Limited out in about 40 minutes with another friend of mine. We were selective with the shots too.

That is something I would love to try. Does the normal waterfowl stamp over sea ducks, and are you required to plug your mag to 2 shells?

Yes you need the stamps, (State and Fed) and you need to be limited to no more that 3 shots, one in the chamber and 2 in the tube.

So, do you just head out in a boat and find the ducks then start shooting? Or is it like regular duck hunting where you go to a known spot and sit and wait for them?

You can't shoot from a moving boat. Motor has to be shut off and perhaps out of the water I think.

I was out on one of the harbor island rock piles near hull. A few decoys is all it took for hundreds of birds to come by. The pass shooting was ridiculous. Every few seconds a group of birds will fly right across you. A few times one shot took down multiple birds.

You can't shoot from a moving boat. Motor has to be shut off and perhaps out of the water I think.

I was out on one of the harbor island rock piles near hull. A few decoys is all it took for hundreds of birds to come by. The pass shooting was ridiculous. Every few seconds a group of birds will fly right across you. A few times one shot took down multiple birds.

WOW, that sounds AWESOME. Does the season correspond with regular duck season?

They have their own seasons, and they are generally much longer and extend well into the winter. They change slightly every year so check the madd DFW website for any published dates for this year.

They do taste horrible though.

Where does your boss live? I think I may be able to help a bit but I am not giving it all away.

We all live in Central Mass. I believe he lives in Sutton to be exact.

tell him to get out and scout thats the only way to find the birds don't just think you are going to show up on opening day with no clue and get into the birds.

Back
Top Bottom