Watching the first part of The World Wars: Extended Edition

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Watching the first part of The World Wars: Extended Edition. It's on H2 right now. For a modern 'documentary' I am cringing at the historical inaccuracy. I didn't see the first part about Hitler in WWI the first time around last month. I just saw a scene where they had the young Hitler drilling in camp with a

...wait for it...

a M03 SPRINGFIELD! Couldn't they have found a handful of Gew98s for the scene?!? WTH!

T[horse]

I'm going to get my '16 Danzig Gew98 out of the safe and cry now.

Last edited:
This series is so bad...its a disgrace that its on a channel entitled "History"! Should be called the fiction channel, its almost like they never heard or read anything on WWI or WWII. As a total history nut, this is offensive

Battalion commander Winston Churchill picks up a M03 Springfield from a dead soldier and carries on the fight...

T

I'm sick. Off to bed.

Last edited:
I just can't believe how bad of a show it was.Almost like a four year old child put it together.

you guys totally missed the comments about the un"extended edition", sometimes I think that they make this shit deliberately trolling people.

Love it when McAurthur sees Patton on the field of battle......Patton is clearly wearing LTC rank on his shoulders (as he commanded a batallion).......McAethur addresses him as "lieutenant" and then the comentator discusses how Pattons "tank brigade" is maneuvering on the battle field. This series blows chunks.

Even worse.......Mcarthur is in the oval office with Roosevelt discussing the cuts in defense spending while serving as chief of staff US Army.....this would have had to be at the latest the year 1937 as he retired at the rank of 4 star in that year........he clearly wearing 5 star general rank........which was not promoted to until after his recall to active duty.......in December of 1941. They had his rank wrong by over 4 frigging years.

The history channel needs to promote some accurate history. They suck

Edited the date of McArthur's promotion.......Garys was nice enough to call me out.......thanks Garys

Last edited:
McArthur was recalled in December 1941, so they were only off by four years. That's much better. [rolleyes] I won't be wasting any more time on this show.

I should mention that even at that, you were more accurate than the show was.

Last edited:
McArthur was recalled in December 1941, so they were only off by four years. That's much better. [rolleyes] I won't be wasting any more time on this show.

Yeah I knew that.......fat fingered the year then screwed up the math. :)

(

You were probably distracted by your avatar. :)

Ha there you go! You made my excuse for me!

In all honesty guys.....if the first episode bothered you definately don't watch the second......it only gets worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom