Watch: Officer critically wounded after woman in a dress draws a pistol and fires - he was gunned down like an animal

Reptile

NES Member
Lest we forget, amidst all the "defund the police" chanting and derogatory graffiti, policing is a dangerous and necessary job.

The vast majority of police officers aren't corrupt, they aren't sadistic and they aren't in their job to lord their power over you. They're there, as is said, to "serve and protect."

Metro Nashville police Officer Josh Baker was doing that job when he was shot and critically wounded in the torso after a gunfight precipitated by a traffic stop on Friday morning in Tennessee. The woman who shot him died after being hit by gunfire and crashing the car as she tried to escape the scene.

According to the Tennesseean, Baker was on patrol at roughly 9 a.m. Friday when he spotted a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro registered to a man wanted on six outstanding drug warrants.

The woman who was driving the vehicle -- identified as 31-year-old Nika Nicole Holbert -- had no license, Metro Nashville Police Department spokesman Don Aaron said, according to the Tennessean.

The stop initially proceeded as routine and Holbert complied with Baker's directions.

In video footage from Baker's patrol car and body cam, Baker tells Holbert to stop looking through her bag and hand it over.

"Listen," he can be heard telling Holbert. "Just come back here. I just think we're getting off on the wrong foot."

Holbert said she was confused as to why she was being pulled over. When Baker searched her bag, he found what appeared to be marijuana and a white powdery substance.

Holbert appeared to make a phone call to her mother and asked her to come to the scene. Baker stepped away to put the alleged drugs in the police car. Things took a turn, however, when he attempted to detain her.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9C26eu6F2I

Well that sucks
Im not sure what to think?
I dont understand why that women finally decided to get the gun?
She had all that time before to grab that gun. Back and forth in and out of the car?
At some point fleeing was a good option for her.

As for the good cop bad cop?
It appears to be hard to get rid of bad cops. Often once one messes up for the X time we tend to find out long history of problems with said bad officers. So "we" ask . Why does it take so long to weed out the bad cops?

i have no answers

That officer was very trusting. He left her alone in the vehicle and let her talk on the phone, smoke, and do whatever she wanted, and took no cover when she started firing. She didn't respond to the taser and he was lucky he had on his vest.

Also I understand the need for the dash cam but should he have blocked her vehicle in?

Glad the cop is in stable condition, glad she got what she deserved, good shoot for sure, he was just doing his job, there was no need for that shit. He should have shot her the second he saw the gun though, not waited. He did have the mental fortitude to get up off the ground and get back in the fight though so good on that but he should have kept putting rounds into the car instead of worrying about his radio, she was still a threat.

He seriously needs to lose about 100lbs though, his vest probably would have caught the round if he didn't have 2 feet of stomach sticking out of the bottom of his vest.

Glad the cop is in stable condition, glad she got what she deserved, good shoot for sure, he was just doing his job, there was no need for that shit. He should have shot her the second he saw the gun though, not waited. He did have the mental fortitude to get up off the ground and get back in the fight though so good on that but he should have kept putting rounds into the car instead of worrying about his radio, she was still a threat.

He seriously needs to lose about 100lbs though, his vest probably would have caught the round if he didn't have 2 feet of stomach sticking out of the bottom of his vest.
That fat gut probally save his life lol. A cop once told us a story about some fat guy get shot at with a 38 , he did not die( too much fat slow down the 38 slug)

That cop was way out of shape. I hate that. Out of shape cops put LE in great danger. They can't move, get up, or do anything quickly. Glad he's ok though. He allowed her to exit the car and get back in..too trusting.

Is that kosher to let someone to keep returning to the car that many times?

Strictly speaking, no. But like anything else, it depends. Between the black female subject and white male cop thing in todays climate, and her behaving fairly reasonably until the cuffs came out it doesn't surprise me. So happy to not be doing that shit anymore.

MNPD bought nice cameras, didn't they?

Of course the guy is just doing his job but the search of her personal bag was because she was driving a vehicle with the name of someone with a warrant on the registration.

the guy can’t fit in the bag so the search is not about him

Find a little weed and a attempted arrest.

All a little silly to arrest someone for

but he doesn’t make the laws

Last edited:
This pig (the perp) was really a pro at bullshitting and f***ing around. Gotta go to the bathroom, make a call, light a cigarette, go back to car, poke around, get a lighter, put the lighter back, mope around, on and on. Christ, Officer, just make her sit down on the curb and sit still. Every single one of her actions were engineered to test him, distract him and set the stage for the shoot. She decided to shoot him from moment one and the incessant f***ing around was the cover, cop should have spotted that immediately.

Last edited:
Well that sucks
Im not sure what to think?
I dont understand why that women finally decided to get the gun?
She had all that time before to grab that gun. Back and forth in and out of the car?
At some point fleeing was a good option for her.

As for the good cop bad cop?
It appears to be hard to get rid of bad cops. Often once one messes up for the X time we tend to find out long history of problems with said bad officers. So "we" ask . Why does it take so long to weed out the bad cops?

i have no answers
unions. They protect good and bad cops equally

after seeing her getting tazed, it's obvious they don't work on 300# jello.

I understand he was in shock after being shot, but it's too bad he didn't empty the mag into her windshield as she turned the car toward him

I will take another tact... if drugs were legal there would've been no reason to stop her.

However that said f*** her crazy ass for shooting over that the dude was as polite as you can be

+1 He pulled over the vehicle because the plate showed an owner with outstanding warrants. After determining the driver was not that person what was his correct course of action? IANAL and I honestly do not know. I don't recall him asking the driver's permission to search the vehicle or her bag. The driver got pissed at the fishing expedition, especially after it was successful.

What say ye, fellow LARPers?

In the UK in the 1960s and earlier there was a phrase supposedly often uttered by criminals caught in the act: "it's a fair cop, guv," meaning the criminal admitted to being caught in the act and submitted to arrest without resistance. This cultural convention is why it was possible for UK police to work unarmed until recently with the proliferation of perps who don't behave this way.

Successful, non-violent policing requires the cooperation of both parties, arrester and arrestee.

There has never been this type of cultural convention in the USA as far as I can tell.

The word "cop" by the way means to arrest, from the Latin "capere" and old French "cap," both meaning to seize. The British word "copper," for policeman, means "arrester."

From the same Latin root, "cop" can also mean to steal, oddly enough, hence to "cop a feel."

Last edited:
+1 He pulled over the vehicle because the plate showed an owner with outstanding warrants. After determining the driver was not that person what was his correct course of action? IANAL and I honestly do not know. I don't recall him asking the driver's permission to search the vehicle or her bag. The driver got pissed at the fishing expedition, especially after it was successful.

What say ye, fellow LARPers?

She told him that she had 'weed' on her, you can hear her tell her "mom" this during the phone call. If 'weed' is not legal, that would be cause for search, no?

When he is rifling through the purse, he asks "so it's just in here?" and then when he holds up the bag of maryjuwana, you can hear him ask "is this.." and she nods.

*shrug*

She told him that she had 'weed' on her, you can hear her tell her "mom" this during the phone call. If 'weed' is not legal, that would be cause for search, no?

When he is rifling through the purse, he asks "so it's just in here?" and then when he holds up the bag of maryjuwana, you can hear him ask "is this.." and she nods.

*shrug*

Thank you.

He needed to turn up that taser to 11 to bring her around.
Yeah, those were rookie numbers on his taser.

Of course the guy is just doing his job but the search of her personal bag was because she was driving a vehicle with the name of someone with a warrant on the registration.

the guy can’t fit in the bag so the search is not about him
Terry frisk.

I don't recall him asking the driver's permission to search the vehicle or her bag.
If you don't want your pocketbook searched,
don't leave it within lunging range in the passenger compartment.
Fling it in the trunk or something.

Yet another PO shot

Back
Top Bottom