Warthog WHX1045R Assembly

Please redirect this if necessary. Anyone have any tips on assembling a Para Warthog 45 ---> WHX1045R ? The sear spring moves forward after I take the slide stop and slide off. It is held forward by a spring and has to be pushed back after the slide is in place in order to stab the hole with the slide lock ! I'm fighting holding the slide and pushing the Spring back with a small screwdriver while trying to align the slide stop up with the hole ! AUGHHHHHHHHH ! [crying] This is a nightmare. Does anyone have any tips or hints on how to make this task easier ? I looked at the diagram online for assembly and the spring wasn't in the forward position like it is when I remove the slide lock and slide . Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks ~
Tony.
[email protected]

Just a suggestion:

Go back to where you purchased it and have them break it down and put it back together a couple times for you and with you.

When you say "sear" spring are you referring to the leaf spring in the grip or are you referring to the coil spring (recoil spring) in the slide? I'm assuming you're referring to the recoil spring. I'm not sure on the Warthog but I'm assuming the design is the same as any 1911. Does this gun have a bushing at the front of the slide or is there a cone? If it has a bushing you can remove the spring, turn the bushing to the side and slide the slide onto the frame. Now you can align the barrel link with the hole in the slide and thread the needle with the slide lock thru the barrel bushing. Now the gun and barrel are secure. Next you can slide the spring onto the guide rod and secure the bushing at the front and you're done.

If it has a captured recoil spring then put the barrel in the slide and put the recoil spring thru. Next put the web of your thumb under the beavertail and slide the slide slightly onto the frame. Using your right hand (the one already holding by the beavertail) and with your fingers grab the top of the slide. Simply pull the slide back and hold it all with you right hand until all the holes line up. Thread the needle and you're back in business.

Hope this helps.

Pete

This is what I'm referring to:
1.) Have the gun in 2 parts. Assemble the entire slide assembly with barrel, and recoil spring:
HPIM0214.jpg

2.) Slide the upper assembly onto the frame and hold the gun like this:
HPIM0215.jpg

3.) Slide the slide back and align the frame hole and barrel link and hold in this position:
HPIM0216.jpg

4.) Insert the slide lock:
HPIM0217.jpg

5.) Rotate slide lock in location:
HPIM0218.jpg

6.) Slide forward hammer down and you're done. Just make sure the gun is EMPTY BEFORE HAMMER DOWN:
HPIM0220.jpg

Hopefully this helps you out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom