• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Warning: Unloaded guns can kill you!!

Anyone watch the show "1,000 Ways to Die"? I was watching an episode just now and they were showing these Vietnamese guys playing Russian roulette. Then, scrolling across the screen, it said "Idiot Warning!:" followed by this...

4b435e3a-93f5-bbc7.jpg

Are they trying to warn us that the producers of the show are idiots?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you get bludgeoned to death with a gun... [wink]

Seriously though, yeah, that's pretty stupid of them to say.

Unloaded guns are dangerous.

I've never shot myself with a loaded one, but 25+ years ago, I was almost lobotomized with an unloaded 22.250.

My ears are still ringing, and so is his bell.

And before you clowns ask, yes I'm sure. (I think)

Unloaded guns are dangerous.

I've never shot myself with a loaded one, but 25+ years ago, I was almost lobotomized with an unloaded 22.250.

My ears are still ringing, and so is his bell.

And before you clowns ask, yes I'm sure. (I think)

Wait what?

[rofl] Yeah I got that part. How did it happen with an unloaded gun though?

ETA: was it one of those "yeah don't worry its unlo BANG" kind of things?

No words spoken. Just a tiny hole through a closed aluminum case, a tail gate and I almost got a piercing to remember. (maybe)
I was picking up a dropped 12ga round.

The idjit chambered a round in his pops remmy and put it down on an open case with the knobby foam sthuff.

Varmint rifle with a target trigger and one "knob'' = 1 nearly ventilated me.

When I finaly decided to stand up, I punched him in the sack on the way.

No words spoken. Just a tiny hole through a closed aluminum case, a tail gate and I almost got a piercing to remember. (maybe)
I was picking up a dropped 12ga round.

The idjit chambered a round in his pops remmy and put it down on an open case with the knobby foam sthuff.

Varmint rifle with a target trigger and one "knob'' = 1 nearly ventilated me.

When I finaly decided to stand up, I punched him in the sack on the way.

Right. So it was a loaded gun that almost killed you. Not an unloaded one.

I still remember the cartridge extracting from the chamber of the unloaded HK91 I was handed with instructions to "check out the trigger pull" 20 years ago like it was yesterday. Rather than make a big deal about the owner not clearing the gun first, I just kept my finger out of the trigger guard and pulled the charging handle. I told the owner "I see you were testing me".

I still remember the cartridge extracting from the chamber of the unloaded HK91 I was handed with instructions to "check out the trigger pull" 20 years ago like it was yesterday. Rather than make a big deal about the owner not clearing the gun first, I just kept my finger out of the trigger guard and pulled the charging handle. I told the owner "I see you were testing me".

Rule #1: All guns are always loaded...or is it 'cardio'...I forget [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom