WARNING - to Gun Club Officials

WARNING TO GUN CLUB OFFICIALS

If Your Gun Club - That is the One which You are a CLUB OFFICIAL at is registered with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Corporation ( profit or non-profit). You need to make sure that the MA Corporations Division has accurate information and true, timely and accurate reports completed. The Annual report must be filed.....YES....Annually. Every Election or change in CLUB OFFICIALS, must be followed by a change form ( Free - no cost) to the Corporations Division. Don't ask how I know. I don't wish to embarrass anyone. Club Officials are priceless and they do more than most club members realize. But take my advice don't forget the legal paperwork. If it doesn't generate problems with the State, It will generate Problems at that next....Monthly meeting, annual metting, election, etc. Don't be " THAT GUY", who must explain how club records haven't been filed or updated in 10 or 20 Years?

good advice

to go a step further it's a good idea to write tasks like that right into the club bylaws/rules under the description of elected officials. e.g. "Secretary's duties include submitting annual report to Mass Div. of Corp., etc",

It's not just gun clubs . . . it's a common problem with volunteer-run orgs.

Way back in the mid-1970s we found out that our Jaycee chapter hadn't filed corporate papers in 13 years and the Sec. of State pulled the org charter as a corporation.

I've seen this problem with a gun club as well.

WARNING TO GUN CLUB OFFICIALS

If Your Gun Club - That is the One which You are a CLUB OFFICIAL at is registered with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Corporation ( profit or non-profit). You need to make sure that the MA Corporations Division has accurate information and true, timely and accurate reports completed. The Annual report must be filed.....YES....Annually. Every Election or change in CLUB OFFICIALS, must be followed by a change form ( Free - no cost) to the Corporations Division. Don't ask how I know. I don't wish to embarrass anyone. Club Officials are priceless and they do more than most club members realize. But take my advice don't forget the legal paperwork. If it doesn't generate problems with the State, It will generate Problems at that next....Monthly meeting, annual metting, election, etc. Don't be " THAT GUY", who must explain how club records haven't been filed or updated in 10 or 20 Years?

Gee I seem to remember this from a club I used to belong to.

Back
Top Bottom