Want to know who has a monopoly of force in America?

10? Covidiocy proved this number is basically zero. And even those who want to take action are going to sit there and suck it up until it's likely way past the point where they should have done something. It's not even laze as much as a risk/reward thing etc.
Covidiocy didn't prove a damned thing other than to identify who the real malleable ones in this country are. The scared dopes who couldn't wait to get jabbed with an unknown chemical, the fruitcakes walking alone on beaches, in parks, in their own vehicles with a useless mask on.

Plenty of people didn't take the bait and are now even more skeptical of government's every intention because all the fraud has been exposed.

I seem to remember that the Gov't was pissed because they only had about a 10% compliance. Most owners said FU to CT from what I read.
Bear in mind the perceived risk of noncompliance isn't very high though. So it's not like those people were taking a flying leap because most were thinking "If they're asking us to register that means they're clueless about who "we" are. "And if I don't register they'll never find me" and they're not wrong for thinking that. Also a huge part of the non-compliance rate is just people being oblivious.
Most people in CT probably don't even know the law changed or even applied to them.

Covidiocy didn't prove a damned thing other than to identify who the real malleable ones in this country are. The scared dopes who couldn't wait to get jabbed with an unknown chemical, the fruitcakes walking alone on beaches, in parks, in their own vehicles with a useless mask on.

Plenty of people didn't take the bait and are now even more skeptical of government's every intention because all the fraud has been exposed.
I somewhat agree but there were opportunities where "people should have done something extreme" and basically none of that kind of thing happened outside of some pockets of "civil disobedience" here and there. People generally have to be desperate before they risk everything.

10? Covidiocy proved this number is basically zero. And even those who want to take action are going to sit there and suck it up until it's likely way past the point where they should have done something. It's not even laze as much as a risk/reward thing etc.

The 2020 election was stolen before everyone's eyes & nothing was done about it, Covid was just the icing on the cake. It's much too hard for the general public to admit that the election was stolen, so here we are...

The 2020 election was stolen before everyone's eyes & nothing was done about it, Covid was just the icing on the cake. It's much too hard for the general public to admit that the election was stolen, so here we are...
Covid was part of the vehicle to steal the election. That is what gave the democrats the reason to create the drop boxes that they subsequently stuffed with false, illegal ballots.

Geez, you guys got the friend or foe ID all wrong. I’d hope it won’t be marines vs. townies, but everyone against politicians.

Geez, you guys got the friend or foe ID all wrong. I’d hope it won’t be marines vs. townies, but everyone against politicians.
That's never how it works- slimy politicians always end up inserting some buffer between themselves and the people. Now having said that I understand what you're getting at but that's like a one in a billion thing like what Romania went through where they had a collective Consciousness shift against the regime but expecting that kind of cultural coherency in this country is pretty tall order.

That's never how it works- slimy politicians always end up inserting some buffer between themselves and the people. Now having said that I understand what you're getting at but that's like a one in a billion thing like what Romania went through where they had a collective Consciousness shift against the regime but expecting that kind of cultural coherency in this country is pretty tall order.
You really only have to look to COVID lockdowns to see this - not a single person, politician, or news outlet has been held accountable. Meanwhile the citizenry is more divided than ever.

Now having said that I understand what you're getting at but that's like a one in a billion thing like what Romania went through where they had a collective Consciousness shift against the regime but expecting that kind of cultural coherency in this country is pretty tall order.

Definitely a special case; we've had shitty politicians, and plenty of them, but nothing in the American experience even comes close to how loathed Ceaucescu was. The idea that we're likely to have that kind of revolution is pretty ignorant, IMO.

What Romanians had to put up with makes MA look like a libertarian paradise.

Same, but I don't think our "hopes" will amount to much.
McVeigh certainly came to that realization after reading Unintended Consequences. From the book’s wiki page:

Timothy McVeigh read the novel while awaiting his trial for the Oklahoma City bombing. He viewed the book favorably, and noted that if it had come out a few years earlier, he would have given serious consideration to using sniper attacks in a war of attrition against the government instead of bombing a federal building.

Though impossible to change history on ‘what if’, it’s always an intellectual exercise of value to speculate had McVeigh gone Plan B, instead of having a firefighter holding the body of a baby on the cover of Time magazine (one ingrained much on me in my earlier days in the US), but a few who were directly responsible for Waco and Ruby Ridge, the course of history might have been plotted somewhat differently.

Well, not really. I think if the supply disruptions were clearly caused by a foreign power, then that wouldn't set off a popular revolt; on the contrary, I think it would tend to solidify support for the government. Outside attacks usually do.

This would need to be a disruption of wide effect and long duration, with the government either responsible for it or sitting on their hands. It's honestly difficult for me to imagine that kind of catastrophe; the Yellowstone eruption would probably do it, but when that happens there'll be enough other problems that a mere civil war won't really register.

Think of something like the fumbled response in the early stages of Hurricane Katrina, but spread over maybe a third (or more) of the whole country, and lasting long enough that people stop believing the government when it tells them "help is on the way." Something like that might set off the revolt so many here are looking for.
I hear you. And maybe you're right. And I'd like to think you're right. I think the reason/cause will matter to rural USA, and we'll act accordingly. I think in the cities the cause won't matter one bit. They're primed and ready to explode, whether natural disaster, cyber or a good ole hoax about a kid with his hands up saying "don't shoot", in a town a thousand miles away that no one ever heard of.

I think in the cities the cause won't matter one bit. They're primed and ready to explode, whether natural disaster, cyber or a good ole hoax about a kid with his hands up saying "don't shoot", in a town a thousand miles away that no one ever heard of.

Sure. But the people who protest things like that are never going to spark an uprising that will worry the .gov. Those kinds of protests are easy to control; there are many on this site who think those protests are orchestrated by that very government, since they never fail to increase the government's power. There's logic there. Even if the alphabet agencies aren't actively starting The Problems In The Cities, they're certainly not shy about benefiting from those Problems.

An actual revolt would need to involve the countryside in order to worry the .gov, and that's a VERY remote possibility for a number of reasons already laid out in this thread by several posters. It's not impossible; it's just very, very unlikely.

So all the OP's Gun Math, though interesting, is ultimately not that useful. Yes, "we" have the most guns. But we're not going to be willing to use them unless circumstances that are highly improbable come about.

Last edited:
unlikely to use force against the government
modern means of communication control will prevent any possibility of any organized resistance against the government, as no one is allowed anymore to have any kind of the non-sense founding fathers were breeding on their meets.
it will be intercepted and participants sent into prison for an 'intent to commit an intent' immediately. police state methods work very well when they are properly enforced, and in this country right now they are very well enforced indeed.

campus protests and public unrests only exist while they work toward goals of the government, but any actual danger to the system gets eliminated mercilessly and extremely efficiently.

I don't really want to go too far down into "Wolverines!" fantasy fap fest details, I just want to point out that it won't be so easy to take a town/city of armed and motivated locals. All a platoon could do is maybe march to the town offices and make targets of themselves while they try to hold something unimportant. A town of 20K that is not 100% cucks and sheep is going to need a battalion or so to get the job done. Think Fallujah scaled down and probably worse, not some village of farmers. And how many battalions are there to spread around? OK yeah- a squad could probably take and hold Newton or Cambridge. [laugh]

I think some are overestimating the abilities and motivation of fresh and untested troops and underestimating the same for armed citizens (including many vets) within non-liberal shithole towns and cities.

Also worth noting that it would be near impossible for troops to distinguish friend from foe, outside of an actual engagement. Everyone will know who the troops are and what is their location.

Seems like some states are already forming coalitions and pushing back at the feds over certain issues such as immigration. Sure the chances of a revolt are low, but I'm not going to bet on zero chance.
(zero mil experience here so take it for what its worth)

-I think drone usage will be cranked up to 11 going forward. That will be tough for average Joe's to counteract.
-If US troops are squaring off vs civilians on US soil, that means that things have gone so far off the rails that the Feds are in a fight for their very existence. The RoE in that situation are not going to be the same as when .mil is dealing with browns on the other side of the planet. Theyll carpet bomb the suburbs if thats what they believe will keep them out of a noose.

If .mil behaves anything like LE, theyll be running security for the Brownshirts that burn your house down. Raise a finger and youll at best be in cuffs and at worst youll end up with a hole in your head.

(zero mil experience here so take it for what its worth)

-I think drone usage will be cranked up to 11 going forward. That will be tough for average Joe's to counteract.
-If US troops are squaring off vs civilians on US soil, that means that things have gone so far off the rails that the Feds are in a fight for their very existence. The RoE in that situation are not going to be the same as when .mil is dealing with browns on the other side of the planet. Theyll carpet bomb the suburbs if thats what they believe will keep them out of a noose.

The real question is what does the National Guard do? It mostly made up of local guys and gals. Do they go against their neighbors and side with the Army or do they stand with their neighbors against the Army?

The real question is what does the National Guard do? It mostly made up of local guys and gals. Do they go against their neighbors and side with the Army or do they stand with their neighbors against the Army?
If the Army is on the street, does the governor even mobilize the Guard? Depends on the state I guess. A state like MA may not want to risk arming NG units with local ties but KY or OK would likely be a different story.

If the Army is on the street, does the governor even mobilize the Guard? Depends on the state I guess. A state like MA may not want to risk arming NG units with local ties but KY or OK would likely be a different story.

Think it’s more that the national guardsmen and women will mobilize themselves.

Back
Top Bottom