Walther Model 5

I came across this little Walther Model 5 this past week at a fair price. I believe it to be a late production model. I do not know too much about these little guns and am only just begining to read about them. If any one has any info I would love to hear it. I would really like to know about when it was made.

The wear on the finish is significant, but the price was adjusted for it properly. The left grip panel is also well worn which I think woudl suggest it was carried for a long time by a right handed person. It is export marked "Made in Germany". It is all matching as well with a decent bore.

I will take it out to the wood pile later today after some of the snow melts and put a few rounds out of it for a function test. It is the only one I have ever seen in person and it makes a nice addition to the 6.35 collection.

DSCF0510.JPG DSCF0512.JPG DSCF0516.JPG DSCF0519.JPG

Last edited:
It did get a lot of carry time but it will be retired to occasionla shooting and never carried from now on. :) I just got back from out back where I fire 10 rounds into the wood pile. It functioned flawlessly. It is a very small pistol, even for the 25 ACP genre, but it fired better than my Browning Baby in terms of comfort. I have found out from another forum that the gun dates to around 1921 or so. Production was from 1915-1923. The gun also came with the recoil spring in backwards. With the recoil spring in correctly there is a dust cover that will cover the spring so it is not seen and is better protected. I learned this as well from the other forum. Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom