Waltham Skeds.

I just tried to call you... Can you hear me? KB1TME keeps connecting and disconnecting on echo...but I don't hear you...

I plugged in the 8800...so I was going to test around with this one... if you want to try somewhere else...let me know.

Dude, are you going to start one these threads for every repeater? Lol!

NO, just the ones that we frequent...that way it's easy to find out where people are....if it's all on one thead...then it's like the super thread and hard to keep up where people are. When it's bold..we'll know that that repeater is active...

Right?

NO, just the ones that we frequent...that way it's easy to find out where people are....if it's all on one thead...then it's like the super thread and hard to keep up where people are. When it's bold..we'll know that that repeater is active...

Right?

Who's we? Many of us can't hit the boston area repeaters. Remember there is more to NES than MA! LOL

Who's we? Many of us can't hit the boston area repeaters. Remember there is more to NES than MA! LOL

Yea, I know...but there's Northen MA folk that can hit up there...start a thread with one of those repeaters and go from there...IF you can get down into MA, some of us might be able to reach on High Power.

Anyone around?? I'll head downstairs if people are going to be on the air.

I'll take the no responce as a NO! I'll check back later...this will give me a reason to study my General Books.

I can almost hit the Nashua .73 machine considering the remote RX is in Derry. Well, I can get in, but hearing it is a bit tough. I have to turn off all my ethernet because it causes intereference.

Are you talking about the N1IMO repeater system?
If you can get into that then you are golden cuz lots of ppl can get into it from MA too.

I will be available in an hour or so if you want to try to make QSO.

/John

There is another repeater out you you guys way that has a really good foot print. Its the Westford repeater. If Waltham 2m/440 is tied up which most often they will be, you should try the Westford 2m repeater.

I got a newb question. I just got my ticket and a used 2M mobile with 5/8 wave magentic mount antenna. How far should I be able to reach? I'm in Topsfield and at 60W it seems I can barely hit the Gloucester repeater, only 14 miles away. The antenna is indoors (ground level) but there's no high terrain between me and that repeater. Waltham is closer to 25 miles away. Should I be able to hit it?

Thanks.

I got a newb question. I just got my ticket and a used 2M mobile with 5/8 wave magentic mount antenna. How far should I be able to reach? I'm in Topsfield and at 60W it seems I can barely hit the Gloucester repeater, only 14 miles away. The antenna is indoors (ground level) but there's no high terrain between me and that repeater.

Thanks.

A magnet mount indoors?
There's your problem right there.
What's it stuck to? Your refrigerator or washing machine? [laugh]
Get a real base antenna and you'll see a HUGE difference.

A magnet mount indoors?

Bah, I use an old server case. I can reach just about anywhere on 5 watts. lol

Ok, so I have a bit of an altitude advantage... [laugh]

A magnet mount indoors?

Yeah, I know it's a little less than ideal [rofl]. I'm just getting started in this sport. I have no idea if 14 miles is OK or pitiful for this kind of setup.

I've got a 3' X 4' aluminum table I was using for a groundplane and strangely I could hit the Gloucester repeater better without it. I think there's chicken wire in the plaster in this 200 year old house I'm renting. The wireless router can barely go between 2 rooms.

What's a good base antenna for 2M/70cm?