• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walnut Hill/Mass Rifle Association

I have a question about Walnut Hill/ Mass Rifle Association! I thought some years back Walnut Hill/MRA closed down for a few years because of financial difficulties! I'm from RI some one from MA told me this. I thought I would ask the forum and get the real scoop! Thanks!

DKS1961

Walnut Hill/MRA

I know they're presently open. I want to know about them closing down for a period of time sometime in the past. It doesn't mention it on their website history. My friend who told me this is usually in the "know" about all things shooting. I just want to verify!

I've been a member there since 2001 and they haven't shutdown in that time period.

They did close the skeet/trap range for awhile because of contamination issues.

They also have a fairly large membership so I can't imagine them having any "financial difficulties".

Considering the amount of land they own and where it's located, I'm certain that the real estate developers would be salivating at the prospect of MRA going in the red.

It was in the 70's or 80's from what I was told. Maybe it was contamination issues back then too, who knows.

That's what their website says (since 1875). I'm told from a reliable individual who from what he tells me he was a member at one time but moved to the left coast. He says that Walnut Hill closed down at one time. I'm just looking for verification. I guess if it did happen I'd need to find an "oldtime" member!

I am a current board member at the MRA, and I have never heard from anyone, old or new, that the club has ever shut down. Except for occasional maintenace, the club has had its doors open in the same location since 1875.

Back
Top Bottom