• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart wants to give $13,000 of ammunition to Northampton Police Department

commodon

NES Member
The Northampton Police Department has received a Christmas present from Walmart — in the form of $13,000 worth of ammunition.

They have a variety of ammunition that they no longer want and have offered to donate it to us,” Northampton Police Chief Jody Kasper wrote in a memo to the City Council, which is scheduled to vote on whether to approve the gift Thursday night.

The King Street Walmart location no longer sells ammo, so the decision was made to donate its remaining stock to the city’s police department, the Daily Hampshire Gazette reported.

The donation includes 80 cases of 12 gauge, 35 cases of 20 gauge, one case of .44 magnum, seven cases of .410 gauge, one case of .38 special, one case of .45 auto, two cases of .40, seven cases of .22 long rifle, and an assortment of individual boxes of other ammunition.

The total value of the ammunition is expected to be around $13,000, according to Kasper.

The majority of this ammunition would be used as training rounds,” he wrote to the council. “The donation would reduce our overall ammunition expenses, which are always costly.

From Walmart wants to give $13,000 of ammunition to Northampton Police Department

On a related note, I was in the Rindge walmart, which now sells long guns, I was quickly told that they cannot sell guns to mass residents per walmart policy, they did take my $300. for amo thou.

Hard to believe the inventory couldn't be transferred to another store....

Probably a major logistical/shipping PITA that's not worth dealing with for a piddling 13k.

Hell, even if they were offering it for free to me, there's only 3-4 calibers I'd be interested in.

They're just unloading it the easiest and least costly and trouble free way.

LOL... other than the 12 gauge and .40 ammo, what PD uses any of the other calibers for "training" or actual duty use?

98% of that is going to end up in personal "inventory"
+1

Why not donate the non-leo rounds to local gun clubs to promote youth shooting sports?

+1

Why not donate the non-leo rounds to local gun clubs to promote youth shooting sports?

In the town Jezebel describes glowingly thusly?

The birthplace of Rachel Maddow's career, this cozy politically progressive college town

https://jezebel.com/5878916/the-21-most-lesbianish-cities-in-america

[rofl]

Probably a major logistical/shipping PITA that's not worth dealing with for a piddling 13k.

Hell, even if they were offering it for free to me, there's only 3-4 calibers I'd be interested in.

They're just unloading it the easiest and least costly and trouble free way.

Presently I have the logistics problem of getting bundles of pin flags to certain destinations around New England. Long story, but they are part of a bulk purchase which were brought to a meeting at a central location, where everyone were supposed to pick them up... because they're not cost-effective to ship. They're 19" long, and while one pin flag is negligible in weight, each bundle of 100 is 2.6 lbs. Well, three reps didn't show up at the meeting. Cheapest I've found to ship 3 bundles (the smallest of the requests): $11.00 They only cost $8/bundle to produce and get them freighted in bulk to me. (Five bundles have to go to Brattleboro, so I can drop them off next trip up to our land in New Hampshire. The others take me pretty well out of the way.)

So yes, I can imagine $13k in ammo would be likewise.

Years ago, when I was involved in a certain local nonprofit, we had a local business donate remnant spools of CAT5. I could have the CAT5 (which we could use) provided I accepted a bunch of other... stuff.. they had. Anything from remnant spools of thicknet (10b5) cable, to ancient (thicknet, token ring, ...) network gear. I believe some of that stuff still lives somewhere in the garage attic.

The Northampton Police Department has received a Christmas present from Walmart — in the form of $13,000 worth of ammunition.

They have a variety of ammunition that they no longer want and have offered to donate it to us,” Northampton Police Chief Jody Kasper wrote in a memo to the City Council, which is scheduled to vote on whether to approve the gift Thursday night.

The King Street Walmart location no longer sells ammo, so the decision was made to donate its remaining stock to the city’s police department, the Daily Hampshire Gazette reported.

The donation includes 80 cases of 12 gauge, 35 cases of 20 gauge, one case of .44 magnum, seven cases of .410 gauge, one case of .38 special, one case of .45 auto, two cases of .40, seven cases of .22 long rifle, and an assortment of individual boxes of other ammunition.

The total value of the ammunition is expected to be around $13,000, according to Kasper.

The majority of this ammunition would be used as training rounds,” he wrote to the council. “The donation would reduce our overall ammunition expenses, which are always costly.

From Walmart wants to give $13,000 of ammunition to Northampton Police Department

.44 magnum ? Besides Dirty Harry, how many police officers use that caliber ? Come to think of it Dirty Harry didn't even use it, he used .44 special.

I always wondered why the Walmart in NoHo sold ammo. I'm sure that it must have driven the "woke" SJW crowd crazy that there was evil ammo in the store. I have gone in there and bought ammo before just to see what kind of reaction that brings from the usual fruits and nuts that hang out there. I love getting the evil eye from useful idiots lol. But they never really had much of a selection anyways.

In the town Jezebel describes glowingly thusly?

https://jezebel.com/5878916/the-21-most-lesbianish-cities-in-america

[rofl]

Presently I have the logistics problem of getting bundles of pin flags to certain destinations around New England. Long story, but they are part of a bulk purchase which were brought to a meeting at a central location, where everyone were supposed to pick them up... because they're not cost-effective to ship. They're 19" long, and while one pin flag is negligible in weight, each bundle of 100 is 2.6 lbs. Well, three reps didn't show up at the meeting. Cheapest I've found to ship 3 bundles (the smallest of the requests): $11.00 They only cost $8/bundle to produce and get them freighted in bulk to me. (Five bundles have to go to Brattleboro, so I can drop them off next trip up to our land in New Hampshire. The others take me pretty well out of the way.)

So yes, I can imagine $13k in ammo would be likewise.

Years ago, when I was involved in a certain local nonprofit, we had a local business donate remnant spools of CAT5. I could have the CAT5 (which we could use) provided I accepted a bunch of other... stuff.. they had. Anything from remnant spools of thicknet (10b5) cable, to ancient (thicknet, token ring, ...) network gear. I believe some of that stuff still lives somewhere in the garage attic.

Yeah but copper is beer money... scrap that and drink like a king unless it's coax then drink like a hobo

I always wondered why the Walmart in NoHo sold ammo. I'm sure that it must have driven the "woke" SJW crowd crazy that there was evil ammo in the store. I have gone in there and bought ammo before just to see what kind of reaction that brings from the usual fruits and nuts that hang out there. I love getting the evil eye from useful idiots lol. But they never really had much of a selection anyways.
The Northampton Walmart does not sell ammo. They haven’t in at least 10 years

They should've sent the practice ammo to NYPD. God knows they could use the practice, and it could save an innocent bystander or two.

Presently I have the logistics problem of getting bundles of pin flags to certain destinations around New England.

They're 19" long, and while one pin flag is negligible in weight, each bundle of 100 is 2.6 lbs.

Pin flags? Are those the flags used to mark debris at plane crashes or the location of sprinklers or the edge of an invisible dog fence?

A piece of wire with a plastic colored flag?

.44 magnum ? Besides Dirty Harry, how many police officers use that caliber ? Come to think of it Dirty Harry didn't even use it, he used .44 special.
That caught my eye, too.
Would be pretty good if they had donated some .44-40 Winchester as well. Lots of PDs rely on that on the frontier.
old-west-lawman_edward-johnson.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
<BREATHE>
HAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Everyone needs to click that link and read that article......you can't possibly begin to make up stuff this stupid....comments are great too.

Caution; DO NOT have any liquid in your mouth when you read. You do not want to suffer the same fate my monitor did.

If they could get away with disarming the police in Northampton they would. Northampton is one strange city.

LOL... I only skimmed through the video, but they all looked like I expected them to look like.
Never mind that they claim that they don't need a PD, what they really need is a properly licensed
hair stylist and barber shop.

WalMart would have done them a better service by donating shampoo and hair conditioner.

LOL... I only skimmed through the video, but they all looked like I expected them to look like.
Never mind that they claim that they don't need a PD, what they really need is a properly licensed
hair stylist and barber shop.

WalMart would have done them a better service by donating shampoo and hair conditioner.
I resemble that remark!!!

#BLM Bald Lives Matter

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
<BREATHE>
HAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Everyone needs to click that link and read that article......you can't possibly begin to make up stuff this stupid....comments are great too.

Caution; DO NOT have any liquid in your mouth when you read. You do not want to suffer the same fate my monitor did.

From the comments:
So they don't want their police department to be armed.
Well, what if some sick maniac shows up at the Northampton Gay Parade strapped like Rambo looking to kill as many "sinners" as possible?
You want the police to throw their flashlights at him?
Um, those aren't flashlights. [laugh]

I got myself into a great deal of trouble with certain family members by making the observation that it has been my personal experience that every lesbian I've known is batshit insane. Apparently, it's contagious as well.

Back
Top Bottom