Wall Mounted Shotgun Lock?

38ExtraSpecial

NES Member
Hey guys,

i figured this is the place for answers. I'm looking for a wall mounted shotgun lock like the mossberg loc box, but i would like one with a simplex lock. Is there anything out there like this? I'm searched for a while but nothing simplex has come up. Pretty much all key style locks and one with a combo. thanks for the help guys!

A while ago I looked all over for a shotgun rack with a biometric lock that would allow quick access, as I'd like to have one in my bedroom closet. Google showed a few patent applications but no products. I'll be interested to see what gets turned up in this thread.

Do an advanced search here using the following criteria:

thread started by: Massnee
Keyword: try lock or shotgun

I think he investigated this a few years ago and hopefully you can find that thread and maybe there is some good info there.

I have a biometric (fingerpad) shotgun lock with a stud mount. I found it online at some place that had it listed (wrongly) for $15 new. I bought it. The next time that I looked, the price had gone up to $250!

Santa Cruz Gunlocks is my company. Adamson Industries is a distributor of mine. I honestly don't recommend these locks for in home use all that often as they're designed for in vehicle deployment. That said, they can make a very good, easily accessible system if you know how to wire them. If you have any questions, please call me at work. 800-847-5428. Ask for John Barger. [grin]

Well, hey... Small world. I really like the product. Thanks for the additional info. Good to know I was plugging another NES member. [grin]

I know that it is made for vehicle deployment but I figured a 12v converter and a Small 12v battery (if you want power out back up) stashed in the basement add a keyfob and wire up a relay or a discrete hidden button in a door jamb etc. Bingo... locked and instant access. I am actually quite surprised that you do not offer a kit for 12v to 110v or 110v set up. Seems folks want for home defense the same qualities one would look for in quick vehicle deployment that is what attracted me to the idea.

Last edited:
This sounds like what I'm looking for: just emailed them before I saw this thread.

The question I asked them was if there was a combination lock version. for a variety of reasons I prefer that to a key. The Mossberg Loc Box is also only available with a key.

I may just draw up a clamshell steel bracket made up with a tab so something like a Master combination padlock on the front.

21Xi1fkSoaL._SL500_AA270_.jpg

garandman,

I have seen these in person (don't recall where) and your picture seems to show 4 rotary disks (combo lock) at the bottom.

That works perfectly. The problem with any type of wired electronic lock is that once you locate the wires, it's easy to compromise the system. And that's why I rarely recommend it. 110 step down converters are pretty easy to come by, and if you know what you're doing - as you obviously do- the wiring, etc., can be concealed.

I'm in the process of designing a unit with a self contained power supply that operates off six AA batteries and a keyfob as you suggest. It's a rolling code transmitter that ideally would be on your key chain. You hit the button, the lock releases for 5 seconds while you retrieve your weapon. It's wall mounted, and universal in size so that it fits shotguns, ARs, etc. So far, I've got battery life out to six months standby time, but we're still tweaking the PC board to extend it. I've got a working prototype now, but it's been two years in development, and will most likely be another two years before I see product on the market.

99.9% of my business is law enforcement for various reasons. One of them being liability. There's a heck of a lot less liability involved in the LE market than their is in the civilian side of things. I'm moving very cautiously, as I want to be sure the product is perfect before putting it out there for the general public.
Sounds neat. Let us know when you need beta-testers.

I have one of the Mossberg boxes and like it. Its got a key but doesn't really bother me because I can open it quickly and easily. More so than if I had to fumble with a combination.

What I like best about it is that its mounted to studs in the wall so its very secure, plus I can hang a jacket on it and it hides the shotgun completely so it looks like nothing more than a coat hook.

I know this is an old thread but I found this advertised in one of the NRA mags. It looks pretty good. Ordered one tonight, will repost with my thoughts.

www.shotlock.com

I know this is an old thread but I found this advertised in one of the NRA mags. It looks pretty good. Ordered one tonight, will repost with my thoughts.

www.shotlock.com

Almost ordered this myself as it is EXACTLY what I have wanted for a few years now.

Unfortunately, it does not work with the M1S90. I saw it on the FAQ page (several shot guns are not compatible). Probably due to the way the shotlock grips the trigger guard.

I emailed them about a custom unit or modifications to the existing one to make it work for my Benelli.

Good luck with yours. Please post a review when it arrives.

This is what I did. I bought some LE car locks from a guy on GB and put a couple in my hunting truck and this one was built into the wall at my last home and had a hidden button to release the lock. The power requirements are 12 volts so I took a car jumper set up ( the packs you charge and take to a car to jump it ) and wired that into it so it had voltage normally BUT it also had the battery for anytime the power may have gone out. I got a box of about a dozen of the mounts used for 30 bucks.

DSCN0410.JPG

DSCN0409.JPG

DSCN0413.JPG

This is what I did. I bought some LE car locks from a guy on GB and put a couple in my hunting truck and this one was built into the wall at my last home and had a hidden button to release the lock. The power requirements are 12 volts so I took a car jumper set up ( the packs you charge and take to a car to jump it ) and wired that into it so it had voltage normally BUT it also had the battery for anytime the power may have gone out. I got a box of about a dozen of the mounts used for 30 bucks.

Interesting. I would just use a wallwart power supply on a APC battery backup. I like how the stock is Orange. Is that so you can find it quick? Or is this a hunting thing?

Interesting. I would just use a wallwart power supply on a APC battery backup. I like how the stock is Orange. Is that so you can find it quick? Or is this a hunting thing?

CDNN had then on sale for 20 bucks a set for the orange and the black ones where 120.00. I am cheap...

I finally mounted the ShotLock to the inside of my closet for my Mossberg. I'm very pleased with it. The lock is very easy to operate and pops the gun out in my hand in no time. The action is open on the pump as there is a piece that goes inside the action to hold the weapon in place. There are 5 buttons on the combo and you can include as many or as few as you would like in the combination. Each button can only be pressed once in the combo, and the order they are pressed in does matter. You cannot press two simultaneously. Once the combination is entered you twist a little knob and the unit is unlocked, twist in the opposite direction to clear a bad combo. The unit feels very rugged and the weapon feels very secure when locked inside.

Since the weapon is unloaded/action open when in place (which i prefer), I chose to put 5 rounds in a carrier on the buttstock (opposite side of the gun in the photo). For O/U or Semi-auto shotguns, the weapon is held in place with pieces that go on either side of the trigger guard, so the weapon does not need to have the action open.

For mounting the device, I chose to mount a solid block of wood to the wall about the same size as the unit, and then mount the lock to that, otherwise you run the risk of the mounting holes being wide of the wall stud.

shotlock.jpg

Back
Top Bottom