Vietnam Vets............so true.

Eff that. Cried and not ashamed to say it. Someone finally got it. I think anyone who has served in the military know we all did what we were sent or told to do. The difference is, one particular group of us got shit on for doing " our jobs". It was wrong, it still is wrong, and it never can be taken back. All the current and future generations can do, is make damn effing sure it never happens again. I am here today because someone like this gentleman wrote his check just before I was born. Its a debt that I can never adequately repay to anyone who served before me, other than to make sure that I do my part, and that my children do the same. Thank you Gentlemen and Ladies for your service, when your country shunned you. On a side note, I always feel somewhat ashamed and embarrassed at the amount of thanks shown to me and to current military members. I appreciate it when its" on the house", but I completely get this video. We say the WWII vets were the " greatest generation" and I dont want to take that away from them. To me, greatness lies in being able to face adversity both on and OFF the battlefield. I would have to respectfully say, that America's veterans of Vietnam, are just as worthy of the title GREATEST generation.

- - - Updated - - -

May I steal this quote? You are the soldiers we try to be is one of the BEST ways I could ever say thank you to a vet who went before me. period. Thank you for coming up with something like that!

Very well said. While I understand the uneasy feeling for being Thanked....I had to explain to my son why some of us do Thank you guys and want to make sure what happened to the Viet Nam Vets never happens again. He understood after that. Like we told him just except it.

I really think that the people that stayed in fared, in many cases, much better than the people that got out.

I'd agree with that although I don't know if statistics would bear that out. I retired in 1988 and I must say that flying with and working with other Vietnam vets during the late 60's, 70's and 80's provided a reasonable buffer against a hostile public (particularly the late 60's and 70's).

Back
Top Bottom