Video on manufacturing M&P pistols

It really is amazing how relatively cheaply they can make pistols when you look at how much machinery and labor goes into each one. Definitely economies of scale, but still very impressive. I hope to see S&W get a military contract like Beretta's M9.

It really is amazing how relatively cheaply they can make pistols when you look at how much machinery and labor goes into each one. Definitely economies of scale, but still very impressive. I hope to see S&W get a military contract like Beretta's M9.

Not to mention the hours of CAD and engineering work before a prototype is made.

Nice find.

Two full mags on each function test huh.. I would had to be the guy doing the Mass versions;)

i wonder if any of the manufacturers actually follow the proper break in procedure on a barrel.( shoot one then clean, repeat for the first 10 rounds, then every 10) looks like they just blow some rounds thru it for function, and send it on its way dirty most of the time.

i wonder if any of the manufacturers actually follow the proper break in procedure on a barrel.( shoot one then clean, repeat for the first 10 rounds, then every 10) looks like they just blow some rounds thru it for function, and send it on its way dirty most of the time.

That kind of break in on a $450 pistol is pretty ridiculous.

Awesome find.

I had a great time on the tour.

I only have two problems with the M&P:

1. Trigger sucks. My finger was aching after 10 rounds fired. (I lifted the 100lbs.)

2. Only 10 round capacity...
Preban Glock 17 rounders can still be had here.

Awesome find.

I had a great time on the tour.

I only have two problems with the M&P:

1. Trigger sucks. My finger was aching after 10 rounds fired. (I lifted the 100lbs.)

2. Only 10 round capacity...
Preban Glock 17 rounders can still be had here.

The 1st problem is easily taken care of. The 2nd one is a valid point.

Back
Top Bottom