USPSA question - Production vs. L10?

You damn open pushers!! I probably will go Rob- but it will be iron sights for now. My wife and kids are going to kill me but it's a disease right? Something that I can't accept any responsibility for right?

We're a support group, to help you cope. You know, like AA.

Yeah, thaaaaaaat's the ticket!

Dave, you should so shoot independent....they always put on a great match. You can always try an open shotgun? I will bring the ammo.....and the cookies.....mmmm cookies.

Rob, Rob, Rob......when you get out into the real world of Multigun, you will find that Open is such a minority, that finishing 25th in Tac Optics will give you a better prize than 3rd in Open. Yes! They give prizes at major Multigun matches.

Dan,
why do you think it is like that? because an Open pistol is harder to carry during multigun or because Open rifle is not that much faster?

Dan,
why do you think it is like that? because an Open pistol is harder to carry during multigun or because Open rifle is not that much faster?

Mike,
I think it's more because of the shotgun. Were I to shoot in Open..I'd shoot a Iron Sighted pistol, a Tac Optics rifle, with a bipod, and a Saiga. Race Holsters don't work well in Multigun, 3 gun maybe. Do you want to dump your Open pistol into a bucket? Keep in mind, all the gun dumps are done under the clock. That's why I picked up an M&P....no safety to get disengaged.
Forgive me for adding as I think of things....
A lot of the matches entail more than full size targets at 5-15 yards....a Tac Optic rifle with a low power variable works well over a match with targets from 5 yards to 300+ yards. If you can't see the target, more magnification doesn't help, it just makes the rest of the surrounding terrain in the way of the target.

Last edited:
How difficult is it for you to remember which speedloader has slugs in it? What if you only need 2 slugs in a course? What if you miss the slug target and need to make it up? More food for thought.
Check the results for any of the major Multigun matches......under 20 for Open....150+ for Tac Optics. I think the only division that consistenly has fewer shooters than Open is Heavy Metal.

If, when, I do ever get into shooting multi gun, I will most likely take your advise Dan. I did go down to just the one scope on the AR. The thought of throwing my open gun into a bucket does not sit too well with me.

Back
Top Bottom