USPSA @ New Bedford - Sunday 7/24

Usual 5 stages (maybe 6), including a classifier. Registration starts at 9am, shooters meeting at 9:25am and first caps at 9:30am.

Directions to the club and range: http://rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

We're always interested in new folks getting involved, both new shooters to the sport as well as people wanting to get involved in helping with the match. New shooters are always welcome.

See you all on Sunday!

Maybe i'll get my wife to have a go at it this one. After all I don't think it was much fun for her sitting and watching all day at the VT Classic last weekend. I tried to tell her watching isn't any fun!

Dave,
I'll tell her to leave her tennis racquet/ fly swatter thing at home. Just as long as you don't mind her pink M&P with her pink CR Speed belt and mag pouches!

She's such a girly girl! [smile]

The belt and pouches are no problem. The pink M&P just ain't right - but we've got plenty of black spray paint if you want.

The belt and pouches are no problem. The pink M&P just ain't right - but we've got plenty of black spray paint if you want.

Thanks for the approval Scott!
The gun's not all pink. just the back strap. which allows me to change it to black when I shoot it.[wink] And you can thank Julie Goloski for it! since she's the one who designed it for breast cancer awareness. Also, a portion of the proceeds go to a breast cancer awareness charity. so its a win,win!
AND, No, it doesn't have one of those crap 200lb triggers like you get in Mass, just saying! [smile]
M&P 9mm JG.jpg

Great match today. Stages that made you think without being overly confusing. I shot a great match until my last stage, stage 1. I was too concerned with crossing the last threshold that I threw a charlie mike on the first taget at 3 yards. That was my only penalty. I gotta start making the drive down more regularly.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Excellent match. Some great long and close shots with fairly involved stage planning. Thanks to the New Bedford crew.

Results are up. Nice shooting Matt.

http://www.uspsa-ne.org/results/20110724_newbedford.txt

Please let me know of any scoring issues. Also, if someone found an extra Glock mag, please let me know so I may put you in touch with the owner.

As was mentioned at the shooters meeting, next week's Steel Challenge has been canclled (due to a conflict w/ the John Kelly Memorial match on 7/31 at Harvard). And we will host an extra USPSA match in August to make up for the cancelled Bass River date. So IDPA on 8/6 and USPSA on 8/7.

Tx

Compliments to the staff. You did a great job in all ways. Stage design, hospitality, and keeping the rain at bay [wink]

As time goes on, I travel less but your match is a must do for me. Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited:
I'd like to say thanks for another great match/day to all the staff at New Bedford. Once again! Well done, Stages were awesome! And with quick results! Thanks Dave.

Sent via Taptalk for iPhone.

I really enjoy what you guys do at NB... some hosers but then some stages that... well... shouldn't be hosed (need to remind myself that more) ! Great time and great squad mates! Thanks again to the staff.

As always, a pleasure to shoot at New Bedford. Thanks to everyone that made the match a fun time and mostly dry.

Sorry, but stage 3 (the classifier) was not shot properly by some squads. The correct start position was facing up range, hands relaxed at sides, toes touching the back of the box. Some squads started hands above shoulders and not at the back of the box. This affected the scores of many people. Results have been reposted. The classifier will not be sumitted to USPSA. Sorry.

Sorry, but stage 3 (the classifier) was not shot properly by some squads. The correct start position was facing up range, hands relaxed at sides, toes touching the back of the box. Some squads started hands above shoulders and not at the back of the box. This affected the scores of many people. Results have been reposted. The classifier will not be sumitted to USPSA. Sorry.

LINK

I don't know why folks are upset, (except Jerry) They can all screw up a classifier at the next match.[devil]

I don't know why folks are upset, (except Jerry) They can all screw up a classifier at the next match.[devil]

Dan,
Thats just it! I think that people get a little bummed when they screw up just fine on a classifier %95 of the time on their own. Its that 5% of the time that they come out with a halfway decent classifier and it gets tossed, not because of something they did. But, something someone else didn't do. You'd think that USPSA would have come up with a way to enter just classifiers per competitor rather than as a whole match by now. I'm sure this happens at plenty of other matches as well. or am I wrong? [thinking]

Todd, I don't think you're wrong at all. I was just making light of a thread that Kimmie started on B.E. on classifiers.
I'm just a believer in , that if you tank the classifier, you weren't to the next level yet. Consistency is the key.
It was good shooting with you on Sunday, too.

Todd, I don't think you're wrong at all. I was just making light of a thread that Kimmie started on B.E. on classifiers.
I'm just a believer in , that if you tank the classifier, you weren't to the next level yet. Consistency is the key.
It was good shooting with you on Sunday, too.

I agree totally that consistency is key.
I'm just bummed that this is the third time this year that this has happened to me, I can't speak for others. But, i'm sure most people like to see their classification move up, and this just doesn't happen when they keep getting thrown out.

I agree totally that consistency is key.
I'm just bummed that this is the third time this year that this has happened to me, I can't speak for others. But, i'm sure most people like to see their classification move up, and this just doesn't happen when they keep getting thrown out.
Getting tossed 3 times does seem a bit much.
If I wanted my class to move up, I'd have to practice for more than the first two stages!

Back
Top Bottom