USPSA @ New Bedford - Sunday 5/26/13

Great win Steve. Nice job again guys... especially keeping the rain away. :)

Chuck- fwiw- I liked your stage... not sure why anyone wouldn't. Now the prone stuff that's another story. lol

Great match with great stages. The weather held out too.

I'm digging practiscore. Were those "Nook Simple Touch" models? After using the tablets at Harvard a few weeks ago the Nook screen is MUCH easier to read in all lighting conditions. The slight delay on screen refresh, the different shades of gray instead of red/green to indicate correctly entered score, and learning to use the scroll bars took a little getting used to. Minor things that you'd only notice if you tried it on another device, I think the battery life and easy to read screen more than make up for it.

Great match with great stages. The weather held out too.

I'm digging practiscore. Were those "Nook Simple Touch" models? After using the tablets at Harvard a few weeks ago the Nook screen is MUCH easier to read in all lighting conditions. The slight delay on screen refresh, the different shades of gray instead of red/green to indicate correctly entered score, and learning to use the scroll bars took a little getting used to. Minor things that you'd only notice if you tried it on another device, I think the battery life and easy to read screen more than make up for it.

Nice win Mr P!

what devices did Harvard use? once I got used to the refresh delay and the scrolling nuances everything was cool. contrast was great and the screen was easy to read, if it responded 2x faster it would be awesome.

yep, nook simple touches were the units. I agree, the ease of screen reading and battery life far outweigh the slight delay in screen refresh.
Thanks for helping out mike.

Thanks Pete. You were a great help today. I appreciate it.

For the record, I liked chucks stage too.

Thanks to the New Bedford crew! It's always a good match down at your club.
Steve may have had a division win, but the match went to Mark M (USPSA # CA212). Not bad for someone that's been in the game since before USPSA existed, along with a couple others on the squad.[smile]

We had a bunch of (almost) new guys and along with the new scoring system my squad had a little bit of a rough start. But for the efforts the following a potentially long day wasn't: Thanks Matt J (at least you knew my heart was in the right place). Thanks Dave E., Sean J, and Carmen D. - you guys did a great job and it was much appreciated. Last but not least Thank You Dennis - I know you were a little out of your comfort zone but you did a great job anyway.

For what it's worth I loved stage 2, 4, 5, and 6. Stage 1 sucked (but not the prone stuff - I liked that haters : ) ) and Fluffy must die.

My son and I had a great time today and we will be back for more. I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement offered to my son. It's a great confidence boost for a 14 year old.

Thanks to the New Bedford crew! It's always a good match down at your club.
Steve may have had a division win, but the match went to Mark M (USPSA # CA212). Not bad for someone that's been in the game since before USPSA existed, along with a couple others on the squad.[smile]

true true, a nice win for Mr M. it was funny when we bumped into your squad on stage 1 and he was up...he started blasting the steel 1 for 1 at a good pace and then lighting into the papers under the barrier and everyone was like "wait a minute, who the f*** is that guy??" [laugh]

I would like to see a battle between Mark M and Matt J across the shooting sports. Both of them can just flat out shoot any gun they pick up

thanks from a newbie for a terrific day!

Thanks to the organizers, volunteers, and my Squad 5 mates for a terrific day yesterday. A big thank you to Jerry T in particular for lending me 5 mags and a mag pouch, and helping me get started! I was not able to stay for the last two stages due to a weekend commitment but this was a lot of fun!!

thanks again.

Pete, I'll still have my money on Mark. I've known him long enough to know what he still can do. Kinda like Robbie.

Pete, I'll still have my money on Mark. I've known him long enough to know what he still can do. Kinda like Robbie.

I've never formally met the man but I saw what he can still do...it would be an interesting match, that's for sure. maybe we can get those Top Shot people interested [wink]

If no one noticed Mark won the Steel Challenge at Harvard the week before . I squaded with him, and we all were impressed with his shooting.

What year was Matt on the USPSA Gold team for the World Shoot? [smile]

Even the best individuals or teams can be beat on "any given Sunday." More importantly than who can beat who; how about this?- Are you consistently beating your own scores and improving? If not are you still having fun trying?? It's a game and nobody is shooting back. Have fun with it!![rolleyes]

I think the guys are jst having fun with one another - on the range and in the thread.

Even the best individuals or teams can be beat on "any given Sunday." More importantly than who can beat who; how about this?- Are you consistently beating your own scores and improving? If not are you still having fun trying?? It's a game and nobody is shooting back. Have fun with it!![rolleyes]

There is nothing - NOTHING - more important than winning. If you're not first, you're last. We're talking about practical pistol shooting, not yoga.

There are no losers on Team Bacon, step it up or hand in your shirt... this isn't Rudy Project for christ sakes

Wait a minute... I thought everyone got a trophy so no one felt left out or had low self-esteem. You are making me feel badly about myself. [crying]

Lugnut put a faulty round in my magazine on the last stage. It cost me big time. [laugh] Then again... maybe it was Steve, or Bill [tinfoil]

Who ever it was, it wasn't my fault! I swear!! [rolleyes]

Last edited:
I just wish all you guys would HTFU. I love it when old people can whip ass by the way. Hell if you can't beat someone twice your age pack up and go home already.

Billo took the loss like a man and left quietly. Me on the other hand... I enjoyed some fine pizza with friends. I'm always a winner.

What year was Matt on the USPSA Gold team for the World Shoot? [smile]

obviously, never.
But I would still be happy to have a competition with Mark over all the disciplines, trap, skeet in the sub gauges, sporting clays, rifle, pistol, throw archery in there if you want. Win or lose, it would be a lot of shooting, and a lot of fun. I like Mark, there isn't any animosity between us, and I greatly respect what he's done. Of course I'd bet on myself to win, otherwise, why even try?
maybe we can do this when components become much more readily available, because that could easily be a 5-600 round event.

Back
Top Bottom