USPSA @ New Bedford - Sunday 5/26/13

Sunday 5/26/13 will be our next USPSA pistol match of the 2013 season.

Regular setup of 6 stages set up on five pits (includes one classifier).

PLEASE NOTE: we will be using electronic scoring (Practiscore) for the first time. Registration will start earlier than normal, now starting at 8:30am.

Shooters meeting at 9:25am and first caps at 9:30am.

Directions to the club and range: RGNB - Directions

We're always interested in new folks getting involved, both new shooters to the sport as well as people wanting to get involved in helping with the match. New shooters are always welcome.

PLEASE NOTE: we will be using electronic scoring (Practiscore) for the first time. Registration will start earlier than normal, now starting at 8:30am.

[party] I got to use it at Harvard's last match. It's much better than the last time I tried it ~6 months ago. If I can make it I'll be happy to score (instead of tape [wink]).

We ran it at Hopkinton last month with nary a hitch...aside from when I botched a sync and we ended up with a dupe of a stage [sad2]. thankfully it was easy enough to clean up. some people really liked being able to see a running tally of how they were doing on their squad; others not so much [laugh]

Awesome! Thanks Gary!!

I forgot about those.

Are you going to shoot lefty full time now????

If it works out, yes. for now, I can only shoot left hand. I ruptured an extensor tendon in my right trigger finger so it sits splinted straight for 6 weeks. Since I want to shoot, left hand is the only option. Mike from Talon Tactical is making me a new holster ASAP

It does not straighten out

I will bring the springs next month. Lori is off for the weekend and I won't see her in time.

Last edited:
If it works out, yes. for now, I can only shoot left hand. I ruptured an extensor tendon in my right trigger finger so it sits splinted straight for 6 weeks. Since I want to shoot, left hand is the only option. Mike from Talon Tactical is making me a new holster ASAP

I will bring the springs next month. Lori is off for the weekend and I won't see her in time.

Get one or both hands better!!! See you when you are able to come and play.

This pic cries out for photo shop

Is this open for spectators? Having never been to one I would lke to come check it out.

If you have experience shooting from the holster safely, reloading, and moving around while keeping the muzzle safely downrange, and have the needed equipment, come out and shoot. I'd be happy to help you with learning the rest.

If you don't feel ready, I'm pretty sure spectators are fine. Just bring eye and ear protection and check with the match staff if you have to sign a waiver.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

But it's a lot more fun to compete, and new shooters are always welcome.

what these guys said. 9mm or larger handgun, 4-5 mags, holster that fully covers trigger guard, mag carriers or big pockets, the ability to safely handle your firearm at all times, and a couple hundred rounds of ammo and you're in the game. no need to worry about times or "competing", someone will be happy to show you the ropes and guide you through the match. come on down and have some fun

what these guys said. 9mm or larger handgun, 4-5 mags, holster that fully covers trigger guard, mag carriers or big pockets, the ability to safely handle your firearm at all times, and a couple hundred rounds of ammo and you're in the game. no need to worry about times or "competing", someone will be happy to show you the ropes and guide you through the match. come on down and have some fun

Are you coming down sunday Pete?

No waivers required for spectators. As previously stated - you must have eye and ear protection. Don't be shy about asking questions - most people are more than happy to show you their gear or point you in the right direction.

thanks to the NB crew for a fun match. I was slightly confused by the lack of rain and I think that threw my game off a bit but I adjusted after a stage or two. [smile]

Thanks to everyone for coming out today. We appreciate everyone bearing with us on our initial try at electronic scoring.
No major hiccups that we couldn't fix.

I haven't been able to upload to the USPSA-NE site just yet, but attached are results for your viewing pleasure.

Steve

View attachment RGNB - 2013-05-26.txt

Back
Top Bottom