USPSA @ New Bedford - Sunday 5/22

Usual 5 stages, including a classifier. Registration starts at 9am, shooters meeting at 9:25am and first caps at 9:30am.

Directions to the club and range: http://rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

We're always interested in new folks getting involved, both new shooters to the sport as well as people wanting to get involved in helping with the match. New shooters are always welcome.

See you all on Sunday!

PS: Bring some extra money - we have a raffle going to support the Wounded Warrior Project, to be drawn on June 5th. Details will be announced at the match. You do not need to be present to win. Thanks to Mike Gibson Manufacturing (www.mgmtargets.com) for their support.

I might be able to go to this. It'll be my first USPSA match.

Is it okay to show up at the range with an empty holstered gun? I'd just rather get my stuff on (and throw a jacket over it) before leaving home.

How much ammo is needed?

Is it okay to show up at the range with an empty holstered gun? I'd just rather get my stuff on (and throw a jacket over it) before leaving home.

How much ammo is needed?

As long as it's empty. If you have a loaded gun at any time other than a course of fire, that's a DQ. Bring 200 rounds.

How much ammo is needed?

It is ok, though unusual. Most people put on their gunbelt/holster/mag holders at the range, then carry their gun - which must be in a case or bag - to the safe table to holster it.

200 rounds is ideal, in case of reshoots.

As long as it's empty. If you have a loaded gun at any time other than a course of fire, that's a DQ. Bring 200 rounds.

Carrying empty guns seems strange to me as well. If you carry loaded- when you get to the range/registration BEFORE the match starts- simply tell them you are carrying and need to clear for the match. Of course this is the way we do it at our club... others might not be the same so check first. Under NO circumstances do you clear your own firearm once you get to the club... YMMV

I'll be there.
First USPSA match, I was at one of the steel challenge matches and the carbine match last year.

I hope the weather cooperates

Carrying empty guns seems strange to me as well. If you carry loaded- when you get to the range/registration BEFORE the match starts- simply tell them you are carrying and need to clear for the match. Of course this is the way we do it at our club... others might not be the same so check first. Under NO circumstances do you clear your own firearm once you get to the club... YMMV

True - but there really needs to be a separate, designated area specifically for that purpose by the match director.

True - but there really needs to be a separate, designated area specifically for that purpose by the match director.

2.5.1 If it is possible that some competitors arriving at a range where a
USPSA match is being held may be in possession of a loaded firearm
on their person (e.g. law enforcement officers, persons duly authorized
to carry a loaded firearm, etc.), match organizers should provide an
Unloading/Loading Station to enable such competitors to safely unload
their firearms prior to entering the range, and to safely load their
firearms again on departure from the range. The Unloading/Loading
Station should be conveniently located outside the entrance to the range
(or outside the portion of the range allocated to the USPSA match), it
should be clearly sign-marked and it must include a suitable impact
zone.
2.5.2 Where no Unloading/Loading station is provided, a competitor who
arrives at a match in possession of a loaded firearm and proceeds
immediately to a match official for the express purpose of safely
unloading the firearm shall not be subject to disqualification per the
provisions of Rule 10.5.13.

Only one of the clubs I shoot at has a designated area (BGRA). At HSC and RGNB, find an RO to take you to an empty bay to clear.

Last edited:
I hope no one gets the idea that we don't have an area to clear people at RGNB. When you arrive tell the person at the sign up table, or the first RO that you see, that you're carrying. We'll gladly take you to an empty bay and let you unload and show clear.

I don't think any club wants people fiddling with their carry guns in the parking lot - or worse on the street in front of the club entrance.

Just got home. Awesome stages today, it was a lot of fun!!! You really had to think these out.

Aside from the looooong waits, it was a blast.

I hope they brought in a lot of money for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Hats off you you and your crew, the stages were AWESOME. The only complaints I heard all day came from a certain shooter in our squad (I shot in Dave's squad) who is rather skimpy with how much powder he puts in his reloads. It seemed the steel just didn't want to go down for him. [smile] Thanks for putting together such a great match.

Frank

The only complaints I heard all day came from a certain shooter in our squad (I shot in Dave's squad) who is rather skimpy with how much powder he puts in his reloads. It seemed the steel just didn't want to go down for him. [smile]
Frank

HAHA I was in that squad too. I had a great time, another thanks to the crew.

Back
Top Bottom