USPSA/IPSC Course at AFS

I'll be running an introduction to USPSA/IPSC shooting class at the American Firearms School http://www.americanfirearmsschool.com in Attleboro on 12/8 and 12/9, 9AM to 4ish both days.

Cost is $75 and includes lunch both days, and I may even throw in some donuts.

This course covers the techniques and basic strategies for shooting USPSA action matches http://www.uspsa.org.

Although we are authorized to issue the MA training certificate, the course is intended only for persons already familiar with safe basic handgun operation. The certificate could come in handy for an out of state resident wishing to pick up a MA LTC.

Registrations are being handled by AFS.

Rob,
I'd be glad to help set up and take down should you need help.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Rob- the web site says it starts at 10AM- which is correct? I have a good hour drive so I'm hoping it's 10AM!

The class starts at 10AM both days. We currently have 9 people signed up, and can fit in a few more. The course is $75 for both days (donuts and lunch included). The reason for the low price is that we're doing it to promote the sport - the only $ any of the instructors will be getting from AFS is reimbursement for the cost of food and materials, so AFS is able to offer this for less than a traditional course with paid instructors.

The instructors are not national champion shooters, but we will be able to give everyone who attends a decent introduction to the sport of USPSA/IPSC practical shooting, so that they can show up to a match already knowing the rules and match procedure.

If you need a MA certificate, we can give you one if you stay for the optional section on MA law. I'm not sure we'll have anyone who needs that though, since the course is intended for persons who are already handgun shooters, however, we occasionally get a transplant or someone from RI who needs the certificate to get a MA license.

Last edited:
Guys- I think you will enjoy this. Rob and the higher level shooters from Area 7 are awesome about promoting USPSA and sharing their knowledge with others. Ask lots of questions and have fun!

If anyone needs holsters, mag pouches, or extra mags, for the class or AFS matches just PM me. I have a whole bunch of stuff and I'm not far from AFS.

Sounds interesting, what do I need to bring along. Not saying I'm in, just want an idea of what's involved.
You don't need to bring anything, however, ammo is not included in the price of the course so you will need to either bring it yourself or be prepared to buy it at AFS. If you're using one of our guns, factory ammo only.

We will have loaner guns, holsters and ear/eye protection, or you can bring your own. 9mm or larger; belt mounted holster that covers trigger guard; and a few spare mags or speedloaders.

Rob- is this indoors/outdoors or both? I want to dress appropriately. [wink]

Sahib, AFS is an entirely indoor range, and even has heat! Make sure to check out the little pub room and the retail store.

Nice, nice facility.

Bring ear puffs as well as muffs if your ears mind the loud noises that often echo on indoor ranges.

D.

Nice, nice facility.
Indeed - they have a great classroom, TV for DVD playback, and even have a live internet connection so we can upload match scores from the events before leaving the facility.

Thanks to Rob and the staff for hosting a great class. I have some mental issues coming from the dark side... and I kinda feel dirty dropping mags with ammo still in them.[wink]

It was nice again to put more faces with screen names too. I even got to meet the Scriv!

Looking forward to some matches in 08.

Another round of thanks to Rob and his team of Michael, Bob, Tom, Chris, Erik, Keith, and Greg. Training was very enjoyable and well run. Lots of good information on equipment, technique, reloads and scoring.
Greg was helpfull in demonstrating revolver reloads and getting my CR holster adjusted properly for my 625.
The Gun laws sesion with Keith Langer was fascinating. If you ever have a legal question, he's the guy to call.
And of course the range time was a blast. And at a very topnotch facility.

Practical shooting class

Great! Glad to hear you enjoyed the sessions. We all put a lot of work into making the class as good as we can, so any suggestions for future sessions are welcome. I look forward to seeing all nine of the students at the local matches this spring.
Check out www.uspsa-ne.org for all the information.

Michael. NRA, USPSA, GSSF, GOAL, NROI, DRL(tm) [grin]

Back
Top Bottom