USPSA @ Hopkinton this Sat May 7th

Ok, whoever pissed off the weather gods before our season opener last month you better keep yourself in check this time! We'll be back at it on Sat May 7th with another 6 stages of fun and excitement for y'all. What better way is there to spend a Saturday morning?? (that's rhetorical BTW)

Setup is Friday afternoon starting around 3pm and extra hands are always welcome. Match setup help gets $10 off match fee! If you are a certified RO willing to run a squad or can run the Nook full time that's $10 off and greatly appreciated, just let us know at registration.

What: 6 stage USPSA match, including one classifier stage
Where: 95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton MA (look for the big granite sign)
When: Sat May 7th, 9am first shot, registration opens around 8am
Why: Because it's really fun
How Much: match fee is $20, Juniors fee is $10

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread or PM me with any questions.

See you there,
Peter

We don't have the space indoors to do a shoot of this size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping that it is not epic rain and cold like last month's match but rain or shine I will be there on Saturday....

Will this be indoors if it rains?

[rofl] Just kidding, I'll assume you are new and cut you some slack. Come see me if you want to shoot and I will make sure you stay safe and have a good time.

I am hoping that it is not epic rain and cold like last month's match but rain or shine I will be there on Saturday....

Same here. Although if it is REALLY miserable, I will not shoot and will just work the match again.

The good news is that the forecast is 65 degrees and only a 20% chance of rain. [grin]

Well run match today, thank you gentlemen. Extra thanks again to Sjan & Eisenhow for RSO'ing us PCC deviants.

Well run match today, thank you gentlemen. Extra thanks again to Sjan & Eisenhow for RSO'ing us PCC deviants.

It was a pleasure to meet you and the other deviants.

The weather held out of the most part. At least we didn't have to shoot bagged targets. Lots of fun stages and great helpful squad 5.

Wow! 89 shooters came out in defiance of that BULLY Mother Nature and shot with us today. It was a great match, good to see so many new shooters out there enjoying our sport. Thanks to all who picked up brass, helped break down the stages, and put in the work throughout the day that's needed to keep a local match running.

Scores are up at both https://practiscore.com/results/19628 and uspsa.org; if there are scoring issues please e-mail hopkintonuspsa at gmail.com and we'll get them squared away.

For our PCC folks please note that I'm maintaining two sets of scores, Practiscore will have your results but uspsa.org will not because they don't support the division until July.

Great match

A lot of thanks to Hopkinton folks! It was great match, I enjoyed shooting it with the great crowd.

It was interesting to see the PCC too.

Great time today. First time shooting USPSA AND I shot PCC. Thank you to the RO's and squad 5 who continued to teach me things throughout the entire day. What an experience! :)

The hubs has created a monster when he thought I'd just "tag along for fun".... Time to upgrade that trigger next.... Ohhh and a compensator.... {evil grin}

where are all the videos? it doesn't count unless you made videos

I'm editing mine now

Ask and ye shall receive, from the PCC deviants (let me know if I got the stages wrong):

Mr Hand's Classroom

Last 6

Port n Plates

Room with a view

Through the Door

Melody Line

Lots to learn, lots to learn. I obviously love the addition of PCC's to USPSA and I think it will bring in new shooters (it already has). Mike you did a great job RSO'ing me today: I appreciate your calm & friendly demeanor bc I was nervous as ****. I thought the match went very smoothly and people did not seem freaked out by the PCC's as much as I expected. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great time today. Great bunch of folks on squad #2 especially. Thanks to everyone who put this together at Hopkinton. I hope to join the club soon and help out.

Wow! 89 shooters came out in defiance of that BULLY Mother Nature and shot with us today. It was a great match, good to see so many new shooters out there enjoying our sport. Thanks to all who picked up brass, helped break down the stages, and put in the work throughout the day that's needed to keep a local match running.

Scores are up at both https://practiscore.com/results/19628 and uspsa.org; if there are scoring issues please e-mail hopkintonuspsa at gmail.com and we'll get them squared away.

For our PCC folks please note that I'm maintaining two sets of scores, Practiscore will have your results but uspsa.org will not because they don't support the division until July.

89!?!?!?! Holy crap!
Scores also linked from the HHH site

PCC is a great addition to the sport. It will open it up to rifle shooters who aren't as much into pistols. Buying or building a PCC isn't much if you don't go crazy.

Last edited:
For my first stage I felt I was shooting a bolt action - bang, click, rack and REPEAT.... After that, backup open gun worked fine and all other issues where "operator issues"

Veeeeedeeeeeohz!

Squad 2 did great all day! We had a lot of new(ish) shooters and everyone pitched in to keep things humming along. Thanks to Jack for brining the sorting trays and everyone on the squad for keeping them filled all day, it helps with the general membership if we don't leave a layer of brass over the whole range!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom