• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA @ Hopkinton Sat Aug 2nd is an ALL CLASSIFIER

After a month off due to the Independence Day holiday we're back at it this Saturday with a 6 stage all classifier match at HSA! If you've been itch'n to get rid of those "U" on your classification card without spending a month of regular matches to do it then now's your chance. If you're new to the sport it's a good opportunity to get your initial classification, just make sure you have an active USPSA membership (not required to shoot the match but you need it to get national classification). If you want to know which classfiers we're running rest assured they'll be some of these. SJan has been scouring the book looking for some fresh options so expect to see something you don't usually see at the local matches.

What: 6 stage USPSA Special Classifier match
Where: 95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton MA (look for the big granite sign)
When: Sat Aug 2nd, 8:30am first shot (start early to finish early), registration opens at 8am
Why: Because it's really fun
How Much: match fee is $20

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread of PM me with any questions.....

See you there,
Peter

I forgot to mention that we aren't going to be able to do second runs this time around. Even longer multi-string classifier stages are in the 20rnd range so I'd put the min round count at 100-120. I toss 200 in the bag just to be safe but I expect to bring a lot of that home at the end of the day.

I just joined USPSA online and asked that they email me my membership number asap. I have done IDPA but this will be a first for USPSA. My question is; If I come Sat. and still don't have a member number (I do have a transaction ID number) will my score count towards getting classified?

I just joined USPSA online and asked that they email me my membership number asap. I have done IDPA but this will be a first for USPSA. My question is; If I come Sat. and still don't have a member number (I do have a transaction ID number) will my score count towards getting classified?

Welcome to the fun and exciting world of USPSA! Just let me know at registration that you don't have your number yet and I'll put you in as PENDING. National will straighten things out when the official scores are submitted.

There are a few subtle differences between the two sports, introduce yourself when you get to the match and we'll get you with someone who can help you adjust. Usually we do this by going over the USPSA scoring system and then telling you that you got a few FTDR penalties after each run (these won't be reflected in your score but it eases the mental transition)

Planning on hitting this one, the HHH crew always puts on a good match so I'm looking forward to coming down.

I sucked, but it was fun.... Thanks to all the Hopkinton guys! My 1st match outside of Harvard. I'll be back ( I'll still suck though )

Join the club.

It's still the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Great job holding off the real rain.

Thanks.

Well I'm glad everybody today kept their pants on. Great classifier match. A little less sucking each match, so I'm happy, but this guy Charlie was very popular. I kept hearing his name.

Nice match today. The rain held out for the most part. Does anyone know if the results will be posted anywhere other than the USPSA website? I don't know about the rest of you, but I think the way the results are displayed there absolutely sucks! I liked the old way where you could see all the shooters grouped together as well as separated out into Divisions.

Thanks to the Hopkinton Shooters for enduring the weather to make it all happen. It was my first trip up there, but I'm pretty sure we'll be back.

-Cuz.

Nice match today. The rain held out for the most part. Does anyone know if the results will be posted anywhere other than the USPSA website? I don't know about the rest of you, but I think the way the results are displayed there absolutely sucks! I liked the old way where you could see all the shooters grouped together as well as separated out into Divisions.

Thanks to the Hopkinton Shooters for enduring the weather to make it all happen. It was my first trip up there, but I'm pretty sure we'll be back.

-Cuz.

combinedresults.info

Ok, scores are finally up.....sorry for the delay, I had to sight in a new gun before I left and then had to login to work as soon as I got home to fix some stuff [sad2]. As always if there's an issue with your scores please just PM me here or e-mail me at voodochile22 at hotmail.com and I'll get it squared away.

It was a great turnout despite the weather and I'd like to thank everyone who helped keep things running smoothly, shooters and staff both. We had a couple of unfortunate incidents but everyone ended the day in the same general state of health as when they started so that's a good thing. We also had a good number of dual sport shooters giving USPSA a try for the first time. If you are one of those and didn't hear me say it: Please come to a regular match, the all classifier is fun but doesn't really give you a good feel for what USPSA is all about.

On the topic of "official" scores: I realize that people were really attached to the old .txt format for scores but that's the past because the software that generates it is on the way out. As has been posted the combinedresults site will do pretty much all of that and another option is to go straight to Practiscore.com for matches that score electronically. If you've never used the USPSA scoring software you have no idea how much of a PITA it was to generate that txt file; I shed no tears for it's death.

Our September "match" will be our stage at Area 7, we've been working on it and think it'll be pretty fun. If you didn't make registration for that match we hope to see you at our season wrap-up match in October!

Peter

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks a lot. Can we get this output format for all the USPSA matches????

Thanks again,
Cuz.

"Combined results" (mixing divisions) have NO OFFICIAL STANDING, and are not provided for in the rulebook, therefore, USPSA does not provide them.

combinedresults.info was the creation of one USPSA member who requested SELECT (read-only) access to the database tables with the results, and wrote code to re-calculate them in the combined format. Since he does a connection to the USPSA database, you are assured that the results will be using the same data as the results posted on uspsa.org.

So, you can see "combined results" for any USPSA match posted to uspsa.org.

"Combined results" (mixing divisions) have NO OFFICIAL STANDING, and are not provided for in the rulebook, therefore, USPSA does not provide them.

combinedresults.info was the creation of one USPSA member who requested SELECT (read-only) access to the database tables with the results, and wrote code to re-calculate them in the combined format. Since he does a connection to the USPSA database, you are assured that the results will be using the same data as the results posted on uspsa.org.

So, you can see "combined results" for any USPSA match posted to uspsa.org.

Thanks, Rob. For the longest time I thought my computer was screwed up and wouldn't list combined results. Now I know its the USPSA.

Thanks, Rob. For the longest time I thought my computer was screwed up and wouldn't list combined results. Now I know its the USPSA.
This was part of a move many years ago to make all divisions "equal", and not have "first in Limited" be considered "7th in open" (or wheaver), but a division that was completely separate but equal.

If you don't like it, talk to Dave Bold (Area 7 director).

I understand the reasoning of keeping the divisions separate, and I agree that they should be.

However I do find it interesting to look at the combined results, it shows where a competitors skill can overcome division limitations. Its not a hassle to check another website. No need to talk to Dave.

Glad the heavy rain stayed away today. I thought It was a good turnout considering the weather. We have out work cutout for us at the Area 7 match. Looking past that, I all ready have ideas for October...

yes sir, rain or shine!

Having five clubs close to me has gotten me too spoiled to drive, but both matches this weekend cancelled due to rain! IDPA today and USPSA tomorrow. What a suck weekend:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom