USPSA Bass River 7-1

Yeah- thanks Bass River crew! I had a really fun day (except for those dang standards :) ) 75 feet, weak hand only, with a DAO revolver and no practice lately was a humbling experience to say the least! Good choice of classifier and great freestyle stages.

Stage 2 was "interesting" but not a legal stage under the current rules, but hey, shoot the problem presented to you.
3 & 4 were great
the classifier, well, it's a classifier. I wish there was a match tomorrow since we've got the day off.

Great choice of classifier - It solved the problem of "OK, we're done with the classifier; guess we have to hang around at wait, and wait, and wait since we got done so far ahead of the next stage."

The 4 people that set up that match did a great job. Many had to work Saturday but 4 were able to make sure there were 4 stages for the 40 plus shooters to enjoy.

Hat's off to Lori, Larry, Steve and Neil for stepping up and making the 07-01 match fun for all.

Wow - six Masters at the match - looks like their was some good competition.

Yes, Ian wasn't very rusty either. He probably would have won but on the last stage he had a mag follower hang-up, turned the mag into a rattle. A 5 second string took him 22.

We had the complete opposite of the classifier you shot at Westfield, Lazy Man Standards, with a target out to 25 yard and strong/weak hand shooting.

Matt took gaming to a whole new level on stage two by memorizing the backsides of the playing cards so he didn't have to flip the one dealt to him.

Matt took gaming to a whole new level on stage two by memorizing the backsides of the playing cards so he didn't have to flip the one dealt to him.

that was pretty funny.
I wonder if it would have been faster just to take headshots on all the targets instead of picking up the cone, but that would probably be a procedural.

What I thought was interesting was how many people, myself included, looked at the card, shot, then looked at the card again before takingthe headshot

that was pretty funny.
I wonder if it would have been faster just to take headshots on all the targets instead of picking up the cone, but that would probably be a procedural.

What I thought was interesting was how many people, myself included, looked at the card, shot, then looked at the card again before takingthe headshot

Guess I need to see the replay to understand that stage.

Yes, Ian wasn't very rusty either. He probably would have won but on the last stage he had a mag follower hang-up, turned the mag into a rattle. A 5 second string took him 22.

BLASPHEMY!
I was up 18 points after 2 stages, and he only got 14.5 of them back on our third, stage 1. So it all came down to that last stage

Mike- you could have taken headshots on all the targets, but then you'd have had to put 15 shots out there, as you're going to need 3 shots on one of them and if you don't know which one you need, you'll need to shoot them all, plus, you have a higher chance of misses when shooting head shots, and you are down more points shooting head shots if you're just getting B's. Great big A zone on those targets in the center, can't afford to be down points on those so close.
Can't say it would be a procedural.
If the target is scored comstock, any hit anywhere on the scoring zone is supposed to be counted, so if you just shot them all, can't say it's a procedural for shooting them all in the upper A/B zone.

Having thought a lot about the string with the steel, it would be a better hit factor to have never picked up the die, shot all the steel down, and taken the procedural for knocking the one down you weren't supposed to.

Paul- I'll explain it to you Sunday

BLASPHEMY!
I was up 18 points after 2 stages, and he only got 14.5 of them back on our third, stage 1. So it all came down to that last stage

Mike- you could have taken headshots on all the targets, but then you'd have had to put 15 shots out there, as you're going to need 3 shots on one of them and if you don't know which one you need, you'll need to shoot them all, plus, you have a higher chance of misses when shooting head shots, and you are down more points shooting head shots if you're just getting B's. Great big A zone on those targets in the center, can't afford to be down points on those so close.
Can't say it would be a procedural.
If the target is scored comstock, any hit anywhere on the scoring zone is supposed to be counted, so if you just shot them all, can't say it's a procedural for shooting them all in the upper A/B zone.

Actually what I meant was, to shoot the A-zone in the body with 2 shots, then put 1 in the head on each target, would it take longer for you to pick up the cone, read the card, then to take 4 head shot with the transition

Back
Top Bottom