USPSA Autism Match

Thank you to everyone who came out today to shoot the USPSA Autism Match. We raised $8660.00

Once again I am overwhelmed by the generosity of this shooting community. I can not thank you all enough for your kindness

USPSA Autism Classifier Match - Registration is Open http://www.matchsignup.org/local_matches.php

Every year, when my call for help goes out, I am overwhelmed by how far it reaches. I am truly humbled by the support I have received by this shooting community.

More than 130 competitors showed up last year in April and we raised just under $10,000.

You came even though winners do not receive prizes, t-shirts are not given away, and the match fee is double that of a typical level 1 match.

In the past, the day has been long and the backups with registration and on stages have caused people to leave without completing the match. This year we have changed the format to allow everyone to get through the day in a timely manner, and have lots of fun.

I will never be able to express how grateful I am for all your support. I hope to see you all in July.

Match Date: Sunday, July 13th, 2014
Checkin Time: 8:30AM - 10:30AM
No Squads - Glock Style match.
Limited to 150 Shooters
Registration opens on May 1st - closes on June 28th
You must PRE-REGISTER for this this match at http://www.matchsignup.org

Minimum Match Donation is $45.00

DETAILS: The Harvard Sportsmen's Club and the Harvard Action Shooters will host the Nicholas James Foundation Autism Awareness Match on Sunday, July 13th 2014.

The match will be a USPSA Special Level 1 Classifier Match, consisting of 4 classifier stages. There will be no squads, but you must checkin and begin shooting no later than 10:30AM on Sunday in order to complete the match. You may start anywhere you like and move to another of the 4 stages individually. Each shooter may shoot each of the 4 classifier stages exactly once.

Want to help out? We are looking for dedicated staff that will stay for the entire event, work the stages and help clean up. We will need Certified ROs, tapers, and brassers. We'll buy you lunch! If you would like to help please do NOT register online. E-mail me [email protected].

Last edited:
OK, if Gary is buying raffle tickets, I'm officially out. He always wins great stuff and I get bupkus (is that the correct Yiddish spelling?)!

Oh, wait -- hey Gary, how about you send me the money for your tickets and I'll buy them for you. I'll let you know if you won anything -- does that work for you????? [rofl]

Just trying to help . . . [smile]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

I've never done a USPSA match before, are there any pre-requisites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For this one, it would be good to pre-register. But after that, have you shot any other competitive shooting like IDPA before?

Took this from another thread:

Info on registration can be found HERE, or feel free to PM me with questions. To add some info that was missing from the thread last year:
Q: "How good do I need to be with a handgun to take this class?"
A: You don't need to be a crack shot but you do need to be comfortable with the operation of your gun. Safety is the #1 priority, we don't care if you hit any of the targets but you do need to keep the rounds on the range and operate the gun in a safe manner at all times.

Q: "What do I need to have for the class"
A: You need a safe and functional handgun, at least 3 magazines (or speedloaders of some kind for revo), a holster that fully covers the trigger (preferably OWB), and 200 rounds of ammo. Some loaner gear is available on a first come first served basis.

Q: "What kind of gun can I use"
A: USPSA has division for just about any modern handgun from 9mm - .45. Something in the mid to full size range works best.

If you are interested in USPSA, I think this will have a couple of classifiers (used to get ranked), so may be consider jointing USPSA (www.uspsa.org).

I'm sure someone that can explain it better than this will chime in...NES is not short of opinions or tips [smile]

Ive only done law enforcement competitions like the NRA tactical police competition before, no IDPA.
I usually use my stock glock 17C, but from what I read, I might have to get a non ported barrel to shoot production, right?

Ive only done law enforcement competitions like the NRA tactical police competition before, no IDPA.
I usually use my stock glock 17C, but from what I read, I might have to get a non ported barrel to shoot production, right?

Yep, no ported barrels in production, but you can shoot it in Open Division

Last year, in the height of the ammo crunch there were over 100 people that showed up and shot....

Bump because more people need to sign up!

Last year, in the height of the ammo crunch there were over 100 people that showed up and shot....

Bump because more people need to sign up!

I signed up . A lot of people I talked to were skipping it because it was just a four stage classifier. If it were a six stage classifier I think that would help.
Can you classify with more than one gun/ division? I saw some people with multiple entries...

With open enrollment (Glock style match) and no squads it would make sense to accept "walk ins" on match day if the 150 shooter quota has not been met. Why turn away donations?

From the first post Dan

Match Date: Sunday, July 13th, 2014
Checkin Time: 8:30AM - 10:30AM
No Squads - Glock Style match.
Limited to 150 Shooters
Registration opens on May 1st - closes on June 28th
You must PRE-REGISTER for this this match at http://www.matchsignup.org

I saw that, and registered. Given that the match is far from full, I wondered if walk in's would be allowed.
Gammon's post seems to have the same thought as my question.

Back
Top Bottom