• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA at Hopkinton, Sat 10/5

Thanks Peter. I have a g19 and g23 and a g27. Have holsters for them mag carriers and 3 mags a piece. So I should be ok for equipment. I am even thinking of using the 27 since I would like that to be my winter carry. I do have a 686 I might bring how many speed loaders do you need? I have one.
Off to find ammo

I'd go with the 19 or 23, the 27 and only 3 mags will pose a challenge. if you really want to use the 27 no big deal, just know that you probably won't be able to finish all the stages. with 3 mags each you could load the 19 or 23 to capacity and shoot in Limited. you'll be at a disadvantage in that division with a stock Glock but your first match is about learning the sport, not burning the competition (my opinion of course) so that shouldn't matter.

not sure on the speed loaders, Revo is one of the only divisions I haven't done yet. from my observations at matches the answer seems to be "however many you can fit around your belt" [rofl]. you need enough to get through a 32 round minimum stage with extras for misses..so 40 rounds is a good bet.

I'll be running registration in the morning, come find me when you arrive and I'll get you paired up with someone who can guide you through the day. Oh, and leave the gun in the case until we show you the ropes of the Safe Table.

Thanks Peter. I have a g19 and g23 and a g27. Have holsters for them mag carriers and 3 mags a piece. So I should be ok for equipment. I am even thinking of using the 27 since I would like that to be my winter carry. I do have a 686 I might bring how many speed loaders do you need? I have one.
Off to find ammo

If you want to shoot the 27, bring the 23 mags also so you will then have enough

please direct all kudos to our resident GM MD who is currently out there setting up in this fine Scottish weather ;). your presence will be missed sir, have fun at the frat house or whatever [shocked][wink]

Jay and you get credit. Jay builds it... you run it. Kick ass tomorrow.

Agreed Robert. Very well run stages as well. Thanks to the Hopkinton crew!! Looking forward to next season and maybe some steel this winter.

Agreed Robert. Very well run stages as well. Thanks to the Hopkinton crew!! Looking forward to next season and maybe some steel this winter.

No "maybe" about it. We WILL be running our very popular man vs. man steel plate matches again this winter season. I'll post the November date as soon as I decide on it. [smile]

Great match today, the weather held and things ran smoothly. hope everyone had a good time at our season wrap-up and a big ol THANKS to those who were able to help us tear down after the event. Scores are up at uspsa-ne.org as well as uspsa.org, let me know if something outta whack and I'll take care of it.

As Mike said we'll be setting some dates for our winter head-to-head plate matches so keep an eye on the forum for those, a great thing to do on Weds night when the weather's crappy out!

I stopped by with my daughter today around 1130 or so. She absolutely loved it and wanted to know if she could try! First time I've seen it as well, looks like a LOT of fun!

Yup

Jay set him with only one mag pouch. There was an unloaded table start, no mags on table. Bill had to reload from his pocket!

Ha, that's ok. I accomplished my goal of just having a fun match and not dropping Jay's gun.

I stopped by with my daughter today around 1130 or so. She absolutely loved it and wanted to know if she could try! First time I've seen it as well, looks like a LOT of fun!

We practice on Weds nights starting around 5:30ish, stop on by and we'll show you the ropes! we're moving indoors starting this week, not as fun but we come up with ways of making things interesting [wink]. Youngest shooters I've RO'd were in the 10-12 range, but they grew up helping their dads at matches and knew how things work....not sure how old your daughter is but if she's an experienced and safe gun handler then get her started! Another good option for the kids is a Steel Challenge match because there's not much (if any) moving, your score is based on your best 4(?) out of 5 runs, and they have .22 rimfire divisions for both iron sights and dots and they can start at the low ready. We don't run that series at Hopkinton but Harvard and New Bedford both do, info on the matches is usually posted in this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, that's ok. I accomplished my goal of just having a fun match and not dropping Jay's gun.

Jay claims to have video....can't wait to see that [smile]

Hopkington put on another great match to close out the season on a strong note! The match was smooth and finished early even with 6 stages. I can't wait to see what they bring to the table next season.

LowSider grabbed a vid of my run on The Carnival....very helpful since I felt really good about it just after I finished but then ended up down in 6th for the stage and wanted to know why. after watching I can see why: the lost time when I paused at the lollipop before going to the first plate rack, the misses on the left plates of that rack, and the slow reloads all did me in. I should have reloaded in the transition from the left rack to the polish rack, I think if I went into it with a full mag I could have cleared it out before it really got going. oh well, still relatively happy with the run and the stage overall. I had planned on having another lollipop on the left side but we couldn't find the pieces for it in our dark trailer; was dusk by the time we were setting this one up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom