USPSA at Hopkinton, Sat 10/5

This is it folks, the last Hopkinton monthly USPSA match of the 2013 season is this Saturday Oct 5th! You've all helped us have a really great first season so come on out and finish in style. We'll setup 4 standard stages + 1 classifier for you to burn down, round count will likely be 110ish

What: 5 stage USPSA match, including one classifier stage
Where: 95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton MA (look for the SWEET new granite sign)
When: Sat Oct 5th, 8:30am first shot (start early to finish early), registration opens at 8am
Why: Because it's really fun
How Much: match fee is $15

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread of PM me with any questions.....

See you there,
Peter

I'm telling you now, I'm going to be that guy that takes off right after firing my last shot on my last stage.

I have an 11 hour drive to OH, but I don't want to give up any shootin' time.

Wish I was going to make it to this one (and the chinese food after) but I am headed to New Bedford to shoot 3G.

A lot of people taking themselves out of the running for the perfect attendance award! [shocked]

No worries fellas, everyone have a fun and safe match wherever you choose to shoot!

Sean - you've earned the right to bail after last shot a couple times over, don't sweat it. Why would anyone drive to OH though? Yuck

life is full of so many decisions.... like Should I shoot singlestack, L10, production, or.... wait for it... open?

I vote for Open minor 10!
Yeah pretty much!

Sean,
Screw the comp on a little further before you do. A new direction for you?

Its screwed on all the way, its a longer barrel than usual, its made for a particular model of suppressor that has a long throat. Its a project I put together for fun, and some steel challenge type shooting. Not even sighted in yet, but I may try it at a few USPSA matches.

Yeah pretty much!

Its screwed on all the way, its a longer barrel than usual, its made for a particular model of suppressor that has a long throat. Its a project I put together for fun, and some steel challenge type shooting. Not even sighted in yet, but I may try it at a few USPSA matches.

The number 1 thing about Open is a cool looking gun. If it looks cool, the gun doesn't even have to run well. That gap takes that away.

I'm glad you don't like it. That poor fit doesn't bather me at all.
I machined the slide, and I am not a mechanist. After a close inspection it would be obvious the work was done by an amateur. That doesn't bother me at all either.

Sure I would like to have a shiny, pretty, cool looking $4,000 race gun, but I don't need one to have fun.

A day at Cedar Point amusement park, then a week at a training seminar. Ya know, the kind of seminar where they teach me stuff I already know.

Im jealous. Cedar Point is still my favorite amusement park... I would make it there at least once or twice every summer growing up.

Im jealous. Cedar Point is still my favorite amusement park... I would make it there at least once or twice every summer growing up.

Yea I'm excited. I've been 3 times, the last was 3 years ago. I need some roller coaster fix

... this used to be a thread about something else, I forgot now....

If I had a supreme level of natural shooting ability, I would take joy in winning with a rusty Glock, and a flip-flop for a holster.

How do you get a Glock to rust? I know they explode from time to time, but rust?

Is there a quick summary from someone what people use to shoot,obviously pistol, how much ammo mags and so on. Never done this before and might have some time to tomorrow. Any hints are appreciated. Want to limit my embarrassment to the targets.

G

Is there a quick summary from someone what people use to shoot,obviously pistol, how much ammo mags and so on. Never done this before and might have some time to tomorrow. Any hints are appreciated. Want to limit my embarrassment to the targets.

G

Gladly!

There are a number of different divisions you can shoot in ranging from Revolver to Open (just about anything goes). I'm going to oversimplify this for the time being: If you have a single stack classic 1911 you can shoot in the SingleStack division, if you have a factory Glock/M&P/USP/etc. you can shoot in Production. If you have a factory gun and some standard capacity mags (pre-ban of course right?) you can shoot in Limited. Production limits mags to 10rnds (you can use larger cap mags but only load 10), Revo to 6 (only load 6 in an 8 shot if that's what you have), Limited you can stuff em full.

What you'll need:
a safe gun - nothing junky or hacked on
a holster - outside waistband preferred
a way to carry mags
at least 3 mags but preferably 5-6 depending on your division. you might not be able to finish every course of fire with 3 10rnd mags in Production and def not in Single Stack for example.
110-150ish rounds for tomorrow would do it.
eyes and ears of course.

I'm not going to go into a ton of detail on equipment limits and such, basically if you have a solid gun and some mags AND you are comfortable that you can operate it safely while on the move and such then come on out and we'll get you through the match. I have a couple extra mag carriers that will fit glock and USP mags, maybe M&Ps, if you let me know what you're thinking of using I can check with the guys and see if we can have a holster and carriers for you to use. if you have a common gun (glock 17,22, M&P 9, etc) then there's usually someone at the match that will lend you a mag if you don't have enough to get through the stage.

your first match is all about safety and having fun, never think you have to keep up with the guys that have been doing this for 10yrs and never feel that anyone is going to look down on you or give you chit. take your time, do things safely, and have a good time. oh, and don't scare the Range Office ;)

Peter

A quick preview of the match from early setup....don't get too attached to what type of targets are where, those are scrap just to check the angles and such and may or may not change on game day [wink]. We're going to borrow some nice stages from the recent Area 4 Championship for tomorrow, so if you didn't get to head out there for that major come shoot em at your friendly local match [thumbsup]

OctMatchStage.jpg

Gladly!

There are a number of different divisions you can shoot in ranging from Revolver to Open (just about anything goes). I'm going to oversimplify this for the time being: If you have a single stack classic 1911 you can shoot in the SingleStack division, if you have a factory Glock/M&P/USP/etc. you can shoot in Production. If you have a factory gun and some standard capacity mags (pre-ban of course right?) you can shoot in Limited. Production limits mags to 10rnds (you can use larger cap mags but only load 10), Revo to 6 (only load 6 in an 8 shot if that's what you have), Limited you can stuff em full.

What you'll need:
a safe gun - nothing junky or hacked on
a holster - outside waistband preferred
a way to carry mags
at least 3 mags but preferably 5-6 depending on your division. you might not be able to finish every course of fire with 3 10rnd mags in Production and def not in Single Stack for example.
110-150ish rounds for tomorrow would do it.
eyes and ears of course.

I'm not going to go into a ton of detail on equipment limits and such, basically if you have a solid gun and some mags AND you are comfortable that you can operate it safely while on the move and such then come on out and we'll get you through the match. I have a couple extra mag carriers that will fit glock and USP mags, maybe M&Ps, if you let me know what you're thinking of using I can check with the guys and see if we can have a holster and carriers for you to use. if you have a common gun (glock 17,22, M&P 9, etc) then there's usually someone at the match that will lend you a mag if you don't have enough to get through the stage.

your first match is all about safety and having fun, never think you have to keep up with the guys that have been doing this for 10yrs and never feel that anyone is going to look down on you or give you chit. take your time, do things safely, and have a good time. oh, and don't scare the Range Office ;)

Peter

Thanks Peter. I have a g19 and g23 and a g27. Have holsters for them mag carriers and 3 mags a piece. So I should be ok for equipment. I am even thinking of using the 27 since I would like that to be my winter carry. I do have a 686 I might bring how many speed loaders do you need? I have one.
Off to find ammo

Back
Top Bottom