USFA SAA revolvers

J

Jose

Are they like the original Colts which must be carried with an empty chamber under the hammer?

Bump. No one has one of these, or know someone who does? I can't find the answer in their website.

If you go to their web site and download the safety manual, you will see that the lockwork is original Colt, which has the hammer and pin resting directly on a charge hole when fully uncocked, and not one of the later designs using a transfer bar. As a result, the hammer should always be on an empty chamber when the revolver is being carried, something that they say several times in that manual.

E.g.: "REMEMBER: This is a Traditional Arm and although it
has a ‘Safety’ position for the hammer we strongly
recommend that you not carry any loaded firearm. That if
you choose to carry a firearm you do so with the hammer
down on an Empty Chamber; and that you be aware,
responsible, and ready to accept the consequences of your
actions."

http://www.usfirearms.com/pdf/USFA_SA_manual.pdf

Sweet, thanks. Why couldn't I find that?

I understand they are as real as a Colt, but somehow I don't like the idea of limiting myself even more than what a wheelgun already is. I am thinking of buying a SAA clone for just fun, but all my CF hnadguns need to do double duty.

I think Ruger will be it for me.

I was intrigued by the USFA website. All their offerings are "historically accurate," which is why the SAA mimicks the original design and its implications. What really got my attention was the "1910 Commercial Model" .45 auto.

What really got my attention was the "1910 Commercial Model" .45 auto.

Even better than that is their Super 38 [shocked]

super38_2.jpg

one of my best friends was the machinist who set up the new CNC lines in the new plant. he did the programing using the original Colt blueprints. prior to that they where buying uberti frames and polishing the hell out of them.

Get a 1895 Nagant revolver... wow, that thing is a pain to reload. And it has the world's heaviest trigger to boot.

The SAA and other SA revolvers to me are not something I would ever rely on for self defense if I had a more modern option, but I understand the idea that you want every gun to do double duty.

Back
Top Bottom