USA Shooting Rifle Coach Course (Level 1)

I'm looking into hosting a Level 1 NRA & USA Shooting Rifle Coach course at Harvard Sportsmen's Club this winter. Level 1 is for beginners. The coaches who go to the Olympics are Level 3.

Please let me know if you're interested in taking this class and becoming certified as a Level 1 Rifle Coach. Please forward this to any youth rifle coaches you know who might be interested. I took the Pistol Coach class, and it was well worth the time and the effort. My kids are getting into High Power now, so I need to get better at Rifle Coaching.

Thanks,
-jpg

Details are TBD, depending on interest. It's a 2-day course, usually held over a weekend, cost is probably around $200. We'd need about a dozen students for the class to make sense. We have about half a dozen so far.

I'm looking into hosting a Level 1 NRA & USA Shooting Rifle Coach course at Harvard Sportsmen's Club this winter. Level 1 is for beginners. The coaches who go to the Olympics are Level 3.

Please let me know if you're interested in taking this class and becoming certified as a Level 1 Rifle Coach. Please forward this to any youth rifle coaches you know who might be interested. I took the Pistol Coach class, and it was well worth the time and the effort. My kids are getting into High Power now, so I need to get better at Rifle Coaching.

Thanks,
-jpg

I am interested in any rifle training, but does level 1 assume that you are already 100% proficient with firearms? What I mean by that is already shooting 1" groups at 300 yards?

the coaches class is more geared towards teaching a juniors program than gaining proficiency with a rifle. that being said, a certain level of proficiency with 3P smallbore is tough to teach without. I have my Level 1 cert, and all the prerequisites for the level 2 (and I have no need for Level 3 or better).

Maureen Trickett runs a Level 1 coach class @ Reading Rifle and Revolver in the spring usually (at least she has for the last couple of years that I know of). its 2 full days, you learn a ton, and you're learning from a woman with a TON of experience with this stuff (She's the CMP Director for Massachusetts, and a Level 3 coach)

Last edited:
Level 1 Rifle Coach Program

Saturday December 17th and Sunday December 18th

Maureen Trickett from the National Rifle Association, Coach development Staff will be conducting the Coach Education Program for Level 1 Small-bore & Air Rifle at Reading Rifle and Revolver, Reading MA on Saturday December 17 and Sunday December 18th. You MUST attend both days. This course will greatly benefit your programs and staff in many ways. Please visit the following link to familiarize yourself with the goals, requirements and subject matter of this course:

http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/coach_training_schools.asp

Class times: Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6pm.
Please be on time, classes will start at 8am.
There will be a 1 hour break for lunch each day. There are places in the area that you can get to and back within that hour. I will have a listing of local places and directions to help you out.

Sunday we will be down in the range first thing in the morning and then back into the classroom. We will be working on positions in the range and we will do a little live firing. Please bring with you one of you clubs junior rifles to use, along with a mat, glove, hearing protection, kneeling roll and sling and of course ammo. If you have a scope you may bring that also, but not necessary. If you are coming with others from the same club you can share the equipment. You only need to bring the equipment on Sunday. I will not have a place to store it for you.

Directions can be found at: www.readinghighpower.com

Please bring snacks, water and a lunch if you want, we will provide coffee and tea.

Basic tuition will cover course material and your 3 year coach certification. This fee for the course will be $150 each.

Application and Tuition for the class are due by December 11th, 2011
Please make your checks out to Maureen Trickett
Please feel free to contact me: Maureen Trickett at [email protected] or 978-257-0406 after 2pm should you have any questions regarding this correspondence.

REGISTRATION

NAME:_________________________________________________________________________________

ADDRESS:_____________________________________________________________________________

CITY:______________________________STATE:________________ZIP:__________________________

PHONE NUMBER:_______________________________________________________________________

EMAIL ADDRESS:_______________________________________________________________________

DATE OF BIRTH:________________________________________________________________________

CLUB YOU ARE ASSOCIATED WITH:_____________________________________________________

SHOOTING EXPERIENCE:________________________________________________________________

WHY YOU ARE TAKING THIS COURSE:__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PREVIOUS COACHING EXPERIENCE, IF SO PLEASE DESCRIBE:__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back
Top Bottom