• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

US Army: "Where Did We Stash Those Excess Weapons?"

I'm not sure I believe this...but on the other hand i find it entirely believable

Every person I've met who did logistics in an armed forces branch basically made their supervisor cum in their pants

But then the .gov does shit so i can ses it either way

Government is so inept they probably still have muskets stockpiled from the Civil War...
The Norfolk, Virginia, FBI field office still has three fully functional M1921 Thompson SMGs in its gun vault. Still in their velvet lined leather "violin" cases and sporting 50 round drum magazines. Nice guns, but collector's items and museum pieces in terms of LE weaponry. Most police departments got rid of theirs decades ago.

The Norfolk, Virginia, FBI field office still has three fully functional M1921 Thompson SMGs in its gun vault. Still in their velvet lined leather "violin" cases and sporting 50 round drum magazines. Nice guns, but collector's items and museum pieces in terms of LE weaponry. Most police departments got rid of theirs decades ago.
My former PD still has two in the armory.

My former PD still has two in the armory.

Framingham PD had two Tommyguns up until the mid 80's.
I used to shoot skeet with a guy who was a Framingham PO who had his MG license, he bought one of them.
I got to shoot it at one of the Hanson MG shoots back in the 90's, it had the Framingham PD patch emblem emblazoned on the buttstock.
I haven't seen him since I moved to NH, but I learned last year that he passed away from cancer several years ago.
I'm sure someone else has that gun now but have no clue where it ended up.

Back
Top Bottom