UPDATED USPSA NORTHEAST SECTION WEBSITE

uspsa-ne.org

The USPSA Northeast Section website has been updated and is now based on more commonly used applications. In particular, the calendar is now Google based, which allows folks to attach the match calendar into their own personal calendars. Each Club is internally partitioned as a separate calendar, so Competitors can pick and choose which Clubs to attach.

If you use Google Calendar, this is particularly simple. Go to the uspsa-ne.org website, open the "Matches" heading, which opens the calendar, then click on the "+Google Calendar" button that you'll see in the lower right corner of the calendar. This will open a window with a listing of Clubs that you can select for adding to your calendar. If a Club updates match dates or information, it is automatically incorporated in your calendar.

Thank you very much to Mike LaBossier for taking over the Northeast Section Website duties and performing this update. And a very big thank you to Mike Grabauskas for his many years of riding herd over the site. Also thank you to Rob Boudrie for his continuing work and support.

Nice work. Of course, this comes out after I put all the matches in my google calendar by hand. [crying] The club map is great, I wish all of the sections did that.

I was the creator of original uspsa-ne.org site back around 1996 or 1997, written from scratch, all database driven. (I moved out of the area in 2004.) ... a nice long useful website life (17-18 years).

I like the clean design of the new site, and the use of Google Calendar and Google Map.

Nice job!

Thanks to all involved with the original and new site. USPSA has come a long way from when I started shooting it. Back then you might get the scores in the mail 4-6 weeks after the match........ [smile]

One bonus feature of the platform the new site is hosted on (Weebly) is an automatic mobile version. If you visit the site on a smartphone, you will see a version that is formatted for easier reading and navigation on a smaller device.

I am glad to be able to contribute to the the Northeast Section. I hope the new site serves as a useful tool for everyone that uses it.

I was the creator of original uspsa-ne.org site back around 1996 or 1997, written from scratch, all database driven. (I moved out of the area in 2004.) ... a nice long useful website life (17-18 years).

I like the clean design of the new site, and the use of Google Calendar and Google Map.

Nice job!

That's awesome. Thank you very much for the original website. As you said, 17 years is a very long service life for a web design. Great job. It may well have lived several additional years, but the database platform was starting to get indigestion with some of the upgraded operating systems.

I like it, definitely a more modern looking website.

On the old site, a link to the scores in a txt file was posted next to each match. I find those txt files the best way to view scores, because all the information is listed on one page.

Will this still be done?

I like it, definitely a more modern looking website.

On the old site, a link to the scores in a txt file was posted next to each match. I find those txt files the best way to view scores, because all the information is listed on one page.

Will this still be done?

Unfortunately that is one feature that was left out of the new site. You'll be able to see match scores on uspsa.org. If you like the unofficial "combined" results there's a link on the Matches page to combinedresults.info, which generates combined results automatically from the scores on uspsa.org.

I'll look into seeing if there's an alternate method to make the txt files available. I think there might be a way to attach files to Google Calendar events, perhaps that could be used.

Last edited:
Okay, I found a method to allow scorekeepers to attach text files to the Google Calendar events, so they should be able to include match results text files if they choose to. I added instructions to the site so scorekeepers can just follow them in order to attach the text file.

Okay, I found a method to allow scorekeepers to attach text files to the Google Calendar events, so they should be able to include match results text files if they choose to. I added instructions to the site so scorekeepers can just follow them in order to attach the text file.

Impressive - you the man with a plan.

Website looks good, thanks for the time and effort.

The results text file was nice Most of the features can be replicated on combinedresults.info. The only thing missing was peoples full names. I recognize peoples last names better than first name and last initial.

Great job on the site Mike, thanks for dragging us kicking and screaming into the 21st century!

Another option for the clubs that use Practiscore to do the scoring at a match is to upload the match to Practiscore.com. I forgot to upload a couple of our matches last season, I'll be better about it in 2014. They have the combined results complete with full names. it's not a '93 style txt file but it has some nice features such as sorting and searching. you can check out our Sept 2013 match results here

The .txt file that people love so much is (painfully) generated out of EZWinscore which I suspect is a piece of software that is not long for this world....best that people start getting used to the new formats now [wink]

I ported over all the 2014 matches that were on the old uspsa-ne site to the new site. I didn't see any New Bedford matches listed there, I'm guessing Dave hadn't gotten around to adding them yet. I'll ping him and the other club reps who haven't gotten set up with the new calendar yet to make sure everything gets squared away.

I ported over all the 2014 matches that were on the old uspsa-ne site to the new site. I didn't see any New Bedford matches listed there, I'm guessing Dave hadn't gotten around to adding them yet. I'll ping him and the other club reps who haven't gotten set up with the new calendar yet to make sure everything gets squared away.

Dave posted the 2014 NB sched on NES

Is New York part of Area 7? It's not listed if it is.

I love the new site! Thanks for all of your hard work!

NY is part of Area 7, but not part of the Northeast Section. I believe New York is covered by the Eastern Lakes Section and Metro East Section.

Thanks to all involved with the original and new site. USPSA has come a long way from when I started shooting it. Back then you might get the scores in the mail 4-6 weeks after the match........ [smile]
I remember when I complained about this and I was told "I would like to see you do better" [smile]

Unfortunately that is one feature that was left out of the new site. You'll be able to see match scores on uspsa.org. If you like the unofficial "combined" results there's a link on the Matches page tocombinedresults.info, which generates combined results automatically from the scores on uspsa.org.

I'll look into seeing if there's an alternate method to make the txt files available. I think there might be a way to attach files to Google Calendar events, perhaps that could be used.

The reason for this is the master plan. USPSA is currently working on a massive upgrade of services, including results upload and classification.

Classification will be much more automated (currently, HQ imports scores, runs classification, exports to web site once a month), and everyone will be reclassified on a weekly basis. The part you don't see (lack of home office manual work) is what will make the part you do see (weekly update) happen.

We are also going to support direct score upload from both EzWinScore as well as Practiscore. We are going to a single operation upload (match results and classifiers submitted in a single operation). The Practiscore app will use a different format (probably json, though I would have preferred xml) and will support one button upload. Score a match, hit "post" before the props are put away and the results on USPSA are posted. We are heading away from generating plain text files as there is much more flexibility with a single step upload that results in proper third normal form database tables.

One thing that could be done is a single page report that looks like the plain text files but is generated directly from the database tables.

The database driven results also supports a personal summary - enter your member number and get a report of all your stage and overall scores for a match, or (coming) get a complete seasonal report of your performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom