Update on Beretta 90-TWO approval for sale in MA

Thought others might be interested in this update...

I've been trying to track down the Beretta's application/approval status to have the new 90-Two approved for sale in Massachusettes....

It took me 4 weeks, 8 emails and a number of customer service escalations but here it is....and it's not promising. Very unfortunate...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Response (Randall Laporte) - 11/21/2006 02:21 PM

Stephen,

I inquired of the product manager if this pistol had been submitted.
The answer is that due to the high costs associated with this testing and
the estimated low sales forcast in your state the 90-TWO will not be
submitted at this time. We will continue to monitor the sales forcasts
for your area and consider the submission when conditions are more
favorable.

Regards,
Randall Laporte
Beretta USA

When conditions are more favorable, thats not happening here, also will not see thier px4 pistol for sale here either. Sucks

Are you surprised? For the same reasons we will NEVER see a new Glock, Springfield, Kimber, Kahr, H&K, (insert name of handgun here) in MA. Come on, consumer safety takes precedence over constitutional rights.

add to the fact that Beretta has discontinued the 96 series, has no plan on submitting the Px and I would say we will soon see the end of any new Berettas sold in this state. Its only a matter of time before civilan sales of the 92 is discontinued, with Beretta then focusing all its efforts on its newest guns. Niether of which are Ma compliant.

Are you surprised? For the same reasons we will NEVER see
a new Glock, Springfield, Kimber, Kahr, H&K, (insert name of handgun here) in MA. Come on,
Gun Banning takes precedence over constitutional rights.

There, fixed it for you. [grin] After all, do you really think the regs
are about consumer safety? That was just all a facade to get them passed
more easily.

Why Beretta will not submitt their new models for testing and they have done so on the 92,96, 9000, 84,85 models does not make sense.

Why Beretta will not submitt their new models for testing and they have done so on the 92,96, 9000, 84,85 models does not make sense.
Cost-benefit analysis. They looked at the cost of jumping through the AG's and EOPS' hoops and decided that there wasn't enough of a benefit (IE, sales) for them. IOW, they weren't sure that they'd make back on sales enough money to cover the cost of the testing and making the AG happy.

And Reilly & Harshbarger win another one. [crying] Bastards.

At the IACP Expo in October a number of companies seemed to be of the opinion that they "would give it a go" after the change in administration. Although unsaid, I think it was in hopes that Healey/Hillman would get into power.

Given the outcome of the election, knowledge of who their advisers are (Jacques, Harshbarger, Reilly, et al), I think I can hear the sucking sound as more companies decide to pull out of MA completely.

Back
Top Bottom