*Update* How I got my restrictions removed!

I just got my license this September. The biggest thing was proving I needed ALP which I proved with multiple job listings stating all applicants must posses a class A LTC unrestricted. When I'm on a computer I'll update the first post with a start to finish of what I did and hopefully it'll help someone out

I just got my license this September. The biggest thing was proving I needed ALP which I proved with multiple job listings stating all applicants must posses a class A LTC unrestricted. When I'm on a computer I'll update the first post with a start to finish of what I did and hopefully it'll help someone out

Excellent. I am glad Chicopee was understanding. Some chiefs I am sure just say, "Oh you've only been licensed for a year, let's wait until renewal." That's pretty much what I was told when I tried and it's bullshit.

I am glad that you had a good outcome. Good for you!

This is the kind of "One step at a time" measures we need to continue the process of decriminalizing lawful gun owners. Good work!

Big Congrats OP!
Chicopee is still the same it always was. Nothing has changed there in general. You will get restricted unless it is for employment or you know someone, I'm also sure it helped that he no longer resides in Chicopee. Ive been trying to get mine lifted for almost a year now, Ive accepted that it will never happen for me here. Moving back to CT within the next year.

[thumbsup] BIG congrats on getting your restrictions removed!!

[puke] On the BS lengths you had to/were prepared to go through to get them removed and [thumbsdown] on restrictions in the 1st place.

!!!!!!!! Just left the PD and I got my restrictions lifted. I brought letters of reference from my units readiness nco, and company commander, copies of job listings fir security positions that showed they were looking for unrestricted license holders, my DD 214.

Also give a minor [thumbsup] to the LT for the speech he gave you, by your summation, it seems informative, intelligent and good last minute advice. Not opposed to a 10 minute informed speech, and sounds like good advice.

The chief wasn't in but a LT took me in and talked to me. From the way it sounded the chief have him the go ahead before I even got there, he reviewed my paper work, told me the chief wanted to reiterate to me that ALP is a big responsibility, and that you can only use your firearm to defend life and not property. Double tapped some basic knowledge stuff about when use of a firearm is justified, and how no mater what you'll be heading to court after so make sure your certain, ectectect. 20 mins and they made the change for me :) waiting for the new license to come in, they'll call me and I'll pick it up :)

Last edited:
I always feel queasy congratulating someone for achieving what is really a fundamental right. But this is MA, so congrats--welcome to the club.

If just seeing this update now, so great, I'm glad things worked out.
I'd like to just throw a thanks out there to NES as a whole. Wealth of knowledge to be had and this meeting with my chief comes from advice from NES members and Comm2A. Glad to be here, hopefully one day I'll be knowledgeable enough to help out some people the way I've been helped. :)

And I'll be checking out local shooting matches and shoots... o_O once I learn to find them........
I'll send you an email,

Might be worth it to let Comm2A know as well, seeing as though this is something they are actively working on.
We know now [smile]. But the OP's case is very instructive. This is not a black/white (red/green?) issue in many so-called 'red' towns. It frequently pays to work the system even though you should not have to. In this case the OP took a step back, evaluated his options, sought out good advice (off-line) and got what he wanted or needed. I'm very happy to say that Comm2A has been able to help several people get an unrestricted LTC in red towns.

Welcome to the ALP family!!
Technically, all LTCs are issued for "all lawful purposes". They're just to subject to whatever 'restrictions'..... blah blah blah......

Any pointers 'John Haxx' throw them my way in a PM. I tried un-succesfully 8 months or so ago, and would def be willing to try again if you have any pointers.

I always feel queasy congratulating someone for achieving what is really a fundamental right. But this is MA, so congrats--welcome to the club.

This, it is sad...after I posted my congrats, I felt the same way. Furthermore reading NES everyday has made me extremely thankful to live in a green town, which again is just unfortunate we have to classify them like this

Believe me, I feel ya.

I updated the first post with more detail. I hope it helps someone out. Thanks for the congrats guys and a BIG thanks to Comm2A and NES for all the advice I got through all this.

Back
Top Bottom