unsure where to post, hopefully this works.

hi guys and gals. I'm looking for an 1 on 1 or a VERY VERY small class. I want to pursue to have a concealed weapon permit, and learn/train about home defense. I also would love to learn a bit about self defense with out weapons if thats possible.

I'm located near Augusta, Maine and i cannot travel (sorry) but i can go a little ways around Maine but not far away idealy less than an hour and half away from Augusta Maine.

Reason why i asked for 1 on 1 is because i'm hard of hearing. i'm not good with large sum of people. I'm perfectly fine in person, you wouldn't know if i'm hard of hearing (at least whats what i've been told many times). private would be awesome, if not... it's okay long as you have small amount of students.

Lastly, price wise gotta be reasonable. There's too many classes around here that goes for 100+ $ end of the day i'm looking at 250$ total spending in ammo, class, lunch.... i'm a college student and i dont have a whole lot of greens, i'm very eager and easy to work with. I need to learn/train asap, my house has been broken into several time and i've gotten myself a Mp .45 and i dont want anything else to happen.

If you can give out a hand, that'd be awesome. Please feel free to pm me.

NOTICE: You must be a qualified instructor and i want to be able to acquire a concealed weapon permit. Also, please dont come after me if you expect me to pay a whole lot. so talk to me, i wont bite.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
get in touch with Mike at [email protected]

See if he can put you in touch with Eric Blanchard in ME. If Eric can not do the training I am sure he can point you in the right direction

EDIT TO ADD:

One thing, before you accept any training with anyone, get your price settled and be prepared to pay or walk. Your last sentence under the Notice is a little bit over the top and suggests you are looking for a time payment plan. If that is the case, you should save now and be prepared to pay for services rendered at the time of the course.

Gary

Last edited:
sorry if thats what it sounded like that. i ment that i'm ready to pay and i'm very serious, not looking to goof around.

i'll contact mike, thanks alot!

Reason why i asked for 1 on 1 is because i'm hard of hearing. i'm not good with large sum of people. I'm perfectly fine in person, you wouldn't know if i'm hard of hearing (at least whats what i've been told many times). private would be awesome, if not... it's okay long as you have small amount of students.

While I can't help you out on finding a Maine-based instructor I will offer some advice: look at electronic muffs. These will amplify soft sounds and mute loud ones. You can crank the amplification way up on most of them.

While I can't help you out on finding a Maine-based instructor I will offer some advice: look at electronic muffs. These will amplify soft sounds and mute loud ones. You can crank the amplification way up on most of them.

i got that muffs. btw i'm hard of hearing and i wear hearing aids. muffs are the biggest problem for me. Some muffs are too tight = pain on my ear thus pushing the hearing aid into my ear even further. some muffs are too small for the ear so it cant cover the whole thing. So i'm kind of sticky on that.

at the moment, i dont wear anything because one, the left ear is completely profound. My right ear has the hearing aid, so the ear mold stops the loud sounds going in. My hearing aid is fully digital and it mutes loud sounds and amplify the small sounds however it doesn't let me hear every thing. that's the negative side of digital hearing aids. i used to have an old one which wasnt digital... i loved it to death because i could hear every thing i mean EVERY thing, but the loud bangs didnt bother me because of the mold and the hearing aid only give off sounds at certain peak.

but, thanks for your time. when needed, I do have some nice pair of LL beans headset to cover my hearing aid and my left ear, so i'm all set. The reason why i really wanted 1 on 1 is because the instructor and i can get comfortable with each other, and he/she will know what to do to help me out because i'd inform him, if he needs to talk to me prior i'm shooting... all he has to do is tap my shoulder and i'll stop, take off the headset to hear what he's saying.

Back
Top Bottom